SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drone flyers - Do you stay “current” and how have you complied with Remote ID requirement?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drone flyers - Do you stay “current” and how have you complied with Remote ID requirement? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
My first thought reading it was that I would want to research the rule in a lot more depth before ever getting a drone pilot’s license, much less getting “compliant” if I were going to get and fly a drone (probably just over the ranch to see where the darned goats were so I wouldn’t have to drive around so much to find them (and the dogs) in order to feed the guardian dogs.

VLOS (visual line-of-sight) requirements may make this tricky, as these UAVs can be seen only up to about 1/4 mile away with the naked eye.
A big help is a strobe (battery powered, rechargeable). You can see the drone for about 1/2 mile (maybe more) with one of those strobes on the bottom. Just FYI.

Personally, flying over MY own property at tree top/goat spotting altitude I would feel pretty emboldened to break the VLOS guidance.

Anyone flying anything else at that altitude over my property get swhat they get…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11227 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Personally, flying over MY own property at tree top/goat spotting altitude I would feel pretty emboldened to break the VLOS guidance.

Anyone flying anything else at that altitude over my property get swhat they get…

Agreed.
I just don’t like crashing into things.

Posts: 3865 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post