SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you had your Costco pumpkin pie yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you had your Costco pumpkin pie yet? Login/Join 
posted
If so how much.
Have you had to eat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Not till next week.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16390 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5353 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
If so how much.

Usually about a 70 degree wedge.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not yet. Piemageddon must be approached very carefully so as to not go overboard.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I looked real close at them today and decided to pass until next week. I have a friend who worked for Costco. He said they bake these things constantly before thanksgiving and store them in a refrigerator truck out back.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
We saw the pictures of them this past weekend, those things are gigantic and cheap.

Posts: 1843 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I though Putin might have poisoned ours, so I did some testing. We're good,really really good. Cool

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Not fond of pumpkin pie anymore.
Buttermilk Custard pie is our Thanksgiving pie. Pecan also.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
No pumpkin pie tastes good to me except Libby’s classic recipe on the can, the one that calls for evaporated milk. It’s lighter, more subtle flavor and more custardy, most pumpkin pies to me these days are SO heavy and over spiced.

I do like Costco’s apple pies, those things are ridiculously big and heavy with apple. No Shrinkflation there!

Posts: 33884 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have read that some canned pumpkin had squash added or maybe 100 percent squash.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I have read that some canned pumpkin had squash added or maybe 100 percent squash.

I think it’s that they actually use a variety of pumpkin that looks more like a squash than a Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin, something to do with higher sugar levels and easier to process.

Posts: 33884 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much.. have you eaten ?

My new eating life style will be a challenge.

I am not comfortable around large groups eating make me anxious .

I might freeze half of a pumpkin pie and give the rest away

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
My wife took one look at the ingredient list and told me to move on. Too much crap in them.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
At least 5 so far and counting till they fade away..love pumpkin pie

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1381 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to pace myself....Costco pumpkin pie is high up on the list, so is a bourbon pecan pie, apple pie and there's a custard mochi pie that's been calling to me.

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Just back from the Costco in Louisville's high rent district. Packed with shoppers. Did buy a pumpkin pie, a fresh butterball turkey, praline pecans, rotisserie chicken, 50' of fresh cedar Christmas roping, socks, underwear, and a tank of gas.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not a fan of pumpkin pie.

My wife makes an amazing Pumpkin Apple Pie that I will eat the hell out of.

If you've never had one I suggest looking up a recipe and giving it a try.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4525 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
$5.99 in Cleveland

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Damn. I went there yesterday to get my groceries for the next 10 days as you could not paying my fucking ass to go in there next week as it’ll be a got damn zoo. They had birds roasting but none available to buy so I was a bit chapped as that $5 bird is the best protein for the dollar I have access to. Now you’re telling me they have the equivalent pumpkin pie there? Please don’t give me any more bad news Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12660 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post