SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Jose del Cabo: Recommendations, advice, tips, etc.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Jose del Cabo: Recommendations, advice, tips, etc.? Login/Join 
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted
Planning an anniversary trip to Mexico in late February, and we’ve decided on the Cabos area. This is our first trip to Mexico. We’re leaning toward San Jose del Cabos over Cabo San Lucas as both of us prefer relaxation over partying, quiet bars and galleries over nightclubs. We’re on the West Coast, so are giving Cancun a pass and will maybe hit Bora Bora when we decide to see that part of the globe.

Anyone with experience in the Cabos want to affirm my take on the basic differences between the two cities and make sure my aforementioned understanding is correct? Any recs on San Jose del Cabos hotels and resorts, activities in either/both cities, other tips and advice, etc.?

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
...anyone?

Looks like I actually picked that one elusive thing that the SigFoum hive-mind doesn’t know. Cool

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
We stayed in Cabo in the Pedregal area (Casa Punta Vista. http://caboluxuryvillas.com/vi...-vista/#.XCBedoplChA) instead of San Jose but they are very close together. Our trip was a few years ago so I’m speaking from memory.

We loved the area and the food. For transportation, we used scooters which were great. The harbor dinner cruise was fun and there are opportunities for deep sea fishing.

If you are renting and not in a resort, I would make sure you take your Costco card and get food and water there. Outside of that, pay attention to crime as I don’t know what it like now.

Posts: 12468 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Our experience was about 30 miles up the east cape at Hotel Bahia Los Frailes. About 30 northeast of the big airport, it is barely a hop and a skip in a light plane, no jump required. They have their own landing strip which makes it nice. I’m told they pick folks up at the big airport and drive them to the resort. It has been twenty years since we went, but it was absolute paradise then. An eight room resort on two thousand acres with their own garden growing all kinds of yummies, plus wonderful yummies from the sea delightfully prepared.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post