Main Page
The Lounge
A Texas Democrat who has been arrested three times while in office is seeking a six-figure salary raiseGo ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Baroque Bloke![]() |
Updated 10:32, 20 August 2026 “A Texas Democrat who has been arrested three times while in office is seeking a six-figure salary raise. Harris County Treasurer Carla Wyatt has requested $250,000 'or more' according to a formal salary grievance filed with the county and seen by the Houston Chronicle. The increase, if approved, would be equivalent to a 79 percent raise on her current salary of just over $139,500. It was filed as part of an annual process that lets elected members ask a committee for a raise, her request will be considered today. According to the grievance, seen by the outlet, Wyatt said she was asking for 'an amount that fairly and appropriately reflects the statutory responsibilities, fiduciary obligations, scope of authority, workload, and level of accountability associated with the office of Harris County Treasurer.' The request comes after her office was stripped of some of its financial oversight powers in an ongoing effort to abolish her position entirely, the outlet reported. Wyatt made the request while a drink driving case against her works its way though the legal system. …” https://mol.im/a/16067471 Serious about crackers. | ||
|
| Member |
There is nothing surprising about this. | |||
|
| Member |
And probably while drinking. She is obviously unbalanced. And I can only guess why she still has the job… . | |||
|
Member![]() |
Get a rope. Elected official + DUI/DWI = “you’re fired!” What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone | |||
|
Get Off My Lawn![]() |
"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965 | |||
|
Member![]() |
Just "checked"? Perhaps if actually diagnosed. You just can't make this stuff up. | |||
|
| Uppity Helot |
Nailed it. | |||
|
| The Unmanned Writer |
Strange, I didn't think she would be wearing glasses... Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own... | |||
|
Baroque Bloke![]() |
Cities in Harris County Texas: “Harris County, Texas, contains the city of Houston as its county seat alongside over 30 other incorporated cities.” Serious about crackers. | |||
|
Baroque Bloke![]() |
Maybe flat glass “for that intellectual look.” In fact, looking closely at oddball’s photo I’m pretty sure that those lenses are zero diopters. Clearly seen where her left lens is at the edge of her face. Serious about crackers. | |||
|
Drill Here, Drill Now![]() |
The Houston Chronicle is Houston's fish wrapper has a more detailed article on this. One thing they left out is the details of the arrests which are DWI in Dec '23, Dec '25 burglary of a motor vehicle in Harris County, and May '26 DWI in Galveston County:
Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer. | |||
|
| Lawyers, Guns and Money |
A second DWI is disqualifying for many positions. "Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown "The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth." -rduckwor | |||
|
| probably a good thing I don't have a cut |
I can't get past this. Who are these residents and why are they qualified to recommend anything? Why only 9? Maybe if I were a resident of Harris County this would make sense to me but I think I'm glad that I'm not. | |||
|
| Lawyers, Guns and Money |
We are headed toward financial collapse due to government spending at levels way beyond revenue. $40 trillion and counting... Now you may say, yeah but that's the Feds, and this is at the local level where they can't just print the money. That's true, but I think people everywhere are starting to get sick of paying government workers so much more than the average person earns. "Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown "The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth." -rduckwor | |||
|
Get Off My Lawn![]() |
Just as a comparison, the governor and attorney general of Texas salaries are approx. $150,000 a year. "I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965 | |||
|
| Member |
ANOTHER example of no consequences. Fauchi, Brennan, Schiff, Comey, Swallwell(soon to be seen),,blah blah blah. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|
Main Page
The Lounge
A Texas Democrat who has been arrested three times while in office is seeking a six-figure salary raise
