SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Missed My New Job Orientation Today..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Missed My New Job Orientation Today.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Because I didn't know I was supposed to be in there this morning at 8:00 AM. I filled out and sent Onboarding forms Friday morning at the Library, knowing I was to start 2nd shift on Monday night. The HR lady who is new to the company was busy doing more interviews all day Friday and I never heard anything back about the forms I sent in. She calls 9:00 this morning to notify me I'm due in for orientation a hour ago. Yeah I was confused but not enough to burn a bridge by telling her I hadn't heard a word from her. She is a bit covered up by her job duties. Least wise I determined that by the confused and nervous vibes I got from interviewing with her. I did tell her she was about the nicest HR lady I've ever talked with. Being a black lady she seemed a bit nervous. She has me set now for Wednesday orientation at 8 again and start work at 2:30 in the afternoon. I will be there at 7:30 with my coffee now that I know. Not real pleased because I could have started this evening. At least I got hired on my own and did not need a temp service to do my foot work.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic David (that you got a job, not that you missed orientation.)

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stuff like this happens. Good that you did not create a hassle for her. As long as it does not continue overlook it.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a lapse in communication on her behalf, also sounds like it will all work itself out though which is good. Congrats on the new job, good to see your making forward progress...kudos!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the job!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. It will be nice to be among the employed again. There looks like pleanty of over time hours, maybe even Saturday and Sunday when needed. Guess you know I wont be doing much more at this Flea Market soon.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well done and well played my man! Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new job!

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
David,

I'm very happy to see you turning things around. I know you've had some rough turns in the past. I hope things work out for you.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats !

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
What's the job?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Man, get yourself that OT. Congrats!

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Man, get yourself that OT. Congrats!
I would like that. I used to work 7 nights per week. Get one day off per month. Double time for Sunday.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
What's the job?
It's not my trade but it is mechanical work. The machines really do the work. Some have Fanuc robots inside doing welding. The company makes hardware sub assemblies for Subaru, Nissan and a couple others. Go into the auto seats for recline, slide manual and power seats. The place is extremely clean. I need to get a thermos as there is no coffee machine in the break room.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Another nice aspect is location. They are just 5 miles south down the Dixie Highway. I eat maybe once per day on sale sammiches at McDonalds. The company is close to the camp grounds where I shower and do laundry. Krogers is there too and they got prepared foods which are pretty good.

Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
You must live just a few miles south of me. Congratulations on the new job. Im sure you will do well. These suppliers go through lots of people who just arent up to the job, which will give you an opportunity to shine. After a few weeks you will be breezing through the work day with a smile!

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on your new job.

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Congrats David, that's great news.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Down in northern Kentucky greco. I had temp services trying to relocate me to Michigan for auto machining job. The wages were huge. They offered to pay for temp housing, $350.00 per week perdium all sorts of benefits. Even milage pay. I gotta say, it was tempting. Sounded almost like filling in for auto workers on strike.