SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to STOP Prediabetes Going Into Diabetes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to STOP Prediabetes Going Into Diabetes Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted
I found Dr. Eric Berg's videos several months ago on Utube. His information and presentation is outstanding.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Dr. Berg, check out Dr. Fung as well who really focuses on fasting.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
an important concept :

as you age you need to EAT LESS

you don't have the same muscle mass / metabolism in your 50s that you had in your 30s.

so you must adjust your portion down. fewer pieces of pizza. fewer beers. less sugar. etc

also -- it has always been my belief that people get tripped up by 'hidden calories' : in the cheese, mayo, sauce/ dressing, etc they eat without realizing they're adding 200, 300+ calories a day...

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I follow him and a few others on YouTube. They do try to sell a lot of crap. But they are right about keto and intermittent fasting. My A1C was 5.7, considered prediabetes. Doc was about to put me on metformin. I dropped 30 lbs in a few months doing the keto fasting thing (mostly one meal a day) and my A1C dropped to 5.0. My blood pressure also came into healthy range without taking the drug my doc prescribed.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12429 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Testosterone can do a lot. It’s an alternate pathway to insulin for absorbing blood sugar, and the middle aged male human body can take much higher levels, with much lower health effects, than insulin, etc.

Vets have done this for years, and it made a world of difference for my father when his endocrinologist put him, and the rest of his male patients, on it.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I need to lose weight and exercise more. Very good video.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Another thing that is important is drinking enough water. A important component.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I did watch a few of his videos a while back but kind of lost interest when he touted adrenal fatigue as an issue. I've found no evidence that adrenal fatigue is a real disease. Of course, I can be cow-smart and spit out the sticks while eating grass.

Posts: 45370 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I have hypoglycemia and was told by a couple of doctors that I'd be developing diabetes soon...

But they told me that over 50 years ago and I still don't have it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the same condition, and I was a pastry and candy-holic. Cut way back on the sugar and starches (potatoes, bread) and began doing powerwalks. Things returned to normal(thankfully), but I really miss my bear claws, and it took getting used to Sweet and Low in my coffee instead of sugar.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
My fiance just sent me a pic of myself at a party in February. I was shocked, never realized how fat I was. I'm making a lot of progress. Almost keto (mostly just very low carb) and intermittent fasting and here's the difference in just a couple of months...

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12429 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeepers! How much did you drop?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’m down about 32 lbs so far.

These go to eleven.