SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electric Pressure Washers - Was Karcher, now Greenworks - New Option in last post
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Pressure Washers - Was Karcher, now Greenworks - New Option in last post Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
2K to push a surface cleaner is a bit low, 3K will do the job better and quicker, some of the rental units require even more psi to run.
The rental units will also have a minimum gpm. You have to use a smaller diameter surface cleaner with an electric pressure washer vs gas pressure washer mainly due to the lower gpm of the electric pressure washer.

That is true, my 2800 Honda washer will run the rental unit but just enough to do so, once it's going it will clean, but not as well as it would at the recommended minimum of 3500.

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
... the [Ryobi] surface cleaner died, so I had to return the whole kit & never got around to getting a new one.

Had never really heard of Greenworks, good to know they're not junk.
Speaking of surface cleaners, my surface cleaner is a Greenworks and it's designed for 2000 psi electric pressure washers. Amazon still sells it for the same price I paid in March 2020.

I have a corner lot with sidewalks so it gets used for many hours at a time. I liked it well enough that I recommended it to Dad and he's happy with his. I loaned mine to my neighbor, and they were impressed enough they bought their own and brought me a bottle of wine.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23312 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the video, T
Curious how that constant run affects longevity on the unit. From the Lowes link, looks like it has a 10 yr warranty.

I read somewhere that most electric pressure washer pumps are designed for 150hrs of use before they are expected to be worn out. 15hrs a year for 10 years is a lot of pressure washing. I doubt I use mine 30 minutes a month.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
We used a Karcher 3000 PSI unit at a prior job. It held up really well to quite a bit of abuse. It probably ran 3 hours a day every day, 365 days a year for a few years and it wasn't used gently. Looking back, it's pretty impressive that it ran as long as it did. I don't know if they're still built the way that one was, but I would have recommended that unit to anyone.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3517 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
quote:
Thanks for the video, T
Curious how that constant run affects longevity on the unit. From the Lowes link, looks like it has a 10 yr warranty.

I read somewhere that most electric pressure washer pumps are designed for 150hrs of use before they are expected to be worn out. 15hrs a year for 10 years is a lot of pressure washing. I doubt I use mine 30 minutes a month.
The brushless motor has a 10 year warranty, but everything else (e.g. pump) has a 3 year "limited tool" warranty. The warranty is only for personal use and isn't valid if used commercially or as a rental.

100 hours is normal on the pump for an electric pressure washer. Some of the "pro" line electric washers are advertised at 200 hours. My new electric pressure washer is rated at 250 hours and is 1100 psi @ 2.0 gpm (i.e. long life and high performance).

I wash my truck every week with the pressure washer - rinse, snow foam, rinse, hand wash, rinse. That's 30 to 40 minutes of run time per week. Add in the surface cleaner once a year for a house with a driveway and sidewalks on a corner lot. I'm 30 hour to 40 hours a year and I've worn out my 100 hour rated Sun Joe purchased in March 2020.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23312 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Definitely
NOT Banned
Picture of teombe
posted Hide Post
https://www.obsessedgarage.com...st-portable-solution

Kranzle 1122. I've used mine at least 20 times a year since 2015.

You won't like the price, but there are none better. Almost every other electric is junk.

Posts: 2044 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: February 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
That's $1,800 more than any of my options.

From the OP, this is a work anniversary voucher deal, so a freebie option.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Definitely
NOT Banned
Picture of teombe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eek
That's $1,800 more than any of my options.

From the OP, this is a work anniversary voucher deal, so a freebie option.

Aah.. Gotcha. Then the Karcher should fine, albeit with a limited pump lifespan - Is the K1700 an option?

Posts: 2044 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: February 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No, it was Karcher, now Greenworks. Options [about 20 misc items] rotate every few days & I'm slow playing it, as nothing has really caught my eye yet & these were 'best of the rest'

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
We just got a Greenworks 2700 pro. Used it a few times and it works great! 2700 psi, and 2.3 gpm. Kept up with the pressure, did a fantastic job cleaning. (Used it to clean our used skid steer we just got, it was filthy.) So far, we’re happy with its performance and it’s pretty quiet too. Since it’s so new, hopefully we can look forward to many years of service with it.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post