SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pressure Washer Accessories?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pressure Washer Accessories? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Wife & kids got me a Ryobi PW with the rotary surface cleaner.
Already have a couple hours use on it over the weekend, with the quite warm TX Christmas we got this year.

It has a built in soap tank, but not sure if I should try that or go for a dedicated foam cannon, or similar, for the cars.

Any other handy PW accessories I should look at?

Didn't realize our driveway was so bad until the neighbors got theirs cleaned.
Ended up a bit stripey due to going too quickly, but getting the hang of it.

Also took care of a bit of brick was that getting gutter water from the roof, due to a blocked downspout.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15358 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
You should buy a turbo nozzle. This turbo nozzle came with my electric pressure washer so I have nothing to compare it to. There are others for less money and others for more money. Turbo nozzles save time vs a regular tip and are good for places the surface cleaner can't go.

Yes, you want a foam cannon for washing the vehicles. The soap dispenser on pressure washers do not produce the right consisency foam for precleaning the vehicle and even an el cheapo $15 one will outperform it. My el cheapo $15 one didn't last long (tipped over easily too) so I upgraded to this TriNova foam cannon which got good reviews and did well in head to head YouTube comparisons. If you want the best, it's the MTM Hydro PF22.2 Foam Cannon

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mine came with the turbo, 15* & low pressure 'soap' nozzles.
Pkg deal, also had the 12" surface cleaner.

Will look into the foam cannons, was looking at Chemical Guys, reviews seem pretty good, but they're pricey, but similarly priced to the MTM you linked.

Posts: 15358 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
My electric Ryobi nozzles weren’t stainless. One rusted closed when I left it on the wand. I shot the thing clear over my neighbors yard when I tried to remove it after pressurizing. Buy some stainless nozzles.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12442 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Will look into the foam cannons, was looking at Chemical Guys, reviews seem pretty good, but they're pricey, but similarly priced to the MTM you linked.
Chemical Guys doesn't make the foam cannon so they're just charging a premium for slapping their name on the side of someone else's foam cannon. They appear to be putting some of that money toward coming up at the top of Amazon searches Wink

Lots of head to head foam cannon reviews on YouTube. MTM PF22.2 (new model that doesn't tip over easily) usually comes out on top, and the TriNova I linked does well in bang for the buck.

You're welcome to borrow my TriNova for a few days. Hit me up via text if you're interested.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Chemical Guys doesn't make the foam cannon so they're just charging a premium for slapping their name on the side of someone else's foam cannon. They appear to be putting some of that money toward coming up at the top of Amazon searches Wink

Lots of head to head foam cannon reviews on YouTube. MTM PF22.2 (new model that doesn't tip over easily) usually comes out on top, and the TriNova I linked does well in bang for the buck.

You're welcome to borrow my TriNova for a few days. Hit me up via text if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, may take you up on that, once I get my driveway & ridiculously long sidewalks done.

posted Hide Post
Another very handy accessory is an extended wand or a wand extension. Allows you to get up closer to soffits and other high up places without getting a ladder set up.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
For mine I got:

Surface cleaner
Longer hose
Longer wand

Haven’t found much else I need yet.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17287 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Longer hose
I forgot about that. Originally, I was washing my truck with the 20' hose that came with it so I was constantly repositioning the pressure washer. I swapped it out for a 50' hose and I no longer have to reposition it to wash the truck.

I do regret buying an inexpensive one ($34.99 Yakamatic Kink-Free) that had good reviews. They lied - it's a kinky bastard. I had to set it out in the sun for a day when I first got it just to get it to relax from being wound up in the package. One of the first things I do when I get set-up to wash the truck is extend the hose so it's in the sun and getting a little more flexible. Still wants to knot up on itself and still fights me on putting it away (I put it in huge hoops not small ones to minimize kinkiness).

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
Another very handy accessory is an extended wand or a wand extension. Allows you to get up closer to soffits and other high up places without getting a ladder set up.

Also a shorter wand is handy when using the most aggressive nozzle. My washer is 3000 psi so holding a long wand against that pressure will make your hands ache. The short one (18") lets you grip near the nozzle which makes it easier to control.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
For mine I got:

Surface cleaner
Longer hose
Longer wand

Haven’t found much else I need yet.

+1

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Well, my surface cleaner is already dead.
Ryobi 12" couldn't even do my 25x40 driveway before giving up.

Arms stop spinning at random. Have taken apart & cleaned it out, to no avail. May see if it can be returned & different brand and/or model acquired.

posted Hide Post
15" Karcher surface cleaner rated for 3200 psi, also cleaned all my cement in South Louisiana last week.

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, my surface cleaner is already dead.
Ryobi 12" couldn't even do my 25x40 driveway before giving up.

Arms stop spinning at random. Have taken apart & cleaned it out, to no avail. May see if it can be returned & different brand and/or model acquired.

I have a Simpson surface cleaner and it has been awesome.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post