SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it time to eliminate women's sports teams?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it time to eliminate women's sports teams? Login/Join 
posted
Sitting here at the computer with nothing more to do, the thought of this drastic measure hit me. (Especially hard, since I only have female grandchildren and great-grandchildren!) I have watched over the last few years a movement to legislate gender equality within our country. Having several sisters and watching the challenges they endured in the business world, the social world, and the home environment world, I could support the demand for equality.

However, over the past couple of years, I have also noticed a biased approach of leveling the unequal areas of society when it was in their interests, but then demanding "special privileges" when it was in their interests to do so. I don't see how they can play both sides - either you are treated equally in all areas or you agree to to the old rules of society.

When I was in college, the gender equality fight was just beginning (in the 1960's). When the Vietnam war started heating up, the draft was a major career obstacle for college men - but not for women. During that time, I saw no women actively campaigning to adjust that area of discrimination. They were perfectly satisfied to accept their enhanced position in the job careers due to their ineligibility for the draft. Nevertheless, I accepted that as part of my natural toxic male attitude that said men fight wars, not women.

The concept now hits me full force that for true equality in our society, there can be no set-asides for gender or for race or for any other reason. It is kinda like toss the ball out there and may the better person win. If we take away all the false barriers for success in society, then any inequality becomes a matter what you were born with in terms of size and strength and intelligence.

An old basketball coach of mine once said that basketball teams could never be fairly matched as long as tall players were allowed to dominate - ie each team would only be allowed an averaged height for the five starters. All 5'8" of my stature laughed at him and I maintained that I accepted the challenge of being short in the land of the tall on the basketball court.

Because of my height, I was regularly used as scrimmage material against the girl's team. I dramatically dominated those scrimmages, even though I was quite average for the boy's team. It never occurred to me that the girls had a "special set-aside" in order for them to even be able to compete because even the tallest girl on the team was in no way capable of competing on the boy's team.

So, my question for the Sig members brain pool - have we come so far that the question of equal opportunity can no longer be settled due to the many facets of society in which we all compete - and if it can be intellectually decided fairly, who is gonna decide that and what rules will they use to make those decisions? (I don't know the answers because of my own personal biases and life experiences, but it appears that someone had better start thinking about it before we wander too much further in legislative actions.)

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO.
I have two adult daughters who participated in high school and college athletics. They were often chosen to compete against boys rather than girls. When they won, the boys would claim to have cheated. Participation in athletics gave them confidence and kept them out of other less desirable activities.

Growing up I played football and baseball. Girls were limited to archery, swimming and track.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
You want to eliminate women's beach volleyball?

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
You want to eliminate women's beach volleyball?

Yeah, we don't need anything that drastic. Eek Just the excesses reined in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Elite Swimming, and British Triathlon organizers have just created a new 'open' category for all the LGQTSXYZs to enter if they want to compete, leaving the 'Male' and 'Female' events for the real genders.

It's a start

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Bring back Home Ec.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Elite Swimming, and British Triathlon organizers have just created a new 'open' category for all the LGQTSXYZs to enter if they want to compete, leaving the 'Male' and 'Female' events for the real genders.

It's a start

There's no need for it. You should be classified as what your biology is when it comes to physical competition. There should be a Woman's division and an Open division.

We are focusing on the highest levels of athletics which is a very small minority of players. The vast majority of male and female athletes careers will end with their last high school game.

The lessons learned from these years of competition, especially with team sports, will serve all of them well for the rest of their lives.

If we are talking about the higher levels of competition title 9, whether you agree with it or not, creates an equal number of collage scholarships for females as it does for males. I also think the vast majority of people see that their is a massive difference in males and females during physical competitions and the nonsense that is happening now will begin to go by the wayside.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Yeah, maybe, except women's beach volleyball.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no need for it. You should be classified as what your biology is when it comes to physical competition. There should be a Woman's division and an Open division.

I don't understand your point. That's what has been done. A Mens, Womens, and Open Division for all the confused mental cases who want to compete as trans women/men/goats or whatever they think they are this week, instead of men competing as women, or (less common) women competing as men.

Hopefully the rest of the sporting governing bodies follow suit.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

It's a start

This is the smartest solution I've seen yet.
Let these mentally deranged deviants play amongst themselves.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
No I don’t think it is time to eliminate women’s sports teams. It’s time to tell the dudes who want to pretend they are girls to go form their own league and quit fucking up women’s sports.

I have been coaching a girls soccer team for a few years. One of the highlights of my season this year was watching my girls scrimmage (play a practice game) against the boys who occupy the other side of the field during practice AND BEAT THE BOYS 1-0 in a damn hard fought game. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ya know what, I'm totally over this crap. "Women" could put an end to this BS in a matter of hours if they as a whole put their collective foot down and told the retards perpetuating this insanity that enough was enough and it needed to end. But they aren't doing that. As a matter of fact they're contributing to their own demise by either being silent or openly supporting the abuse. As such, I don't care what happens with women's sports anymore.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
You’d eliminate all female athletes. A woman’s body is built around birth. The male body is built around killing stuff.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I never have understood why there is all of this concern over the matter. If the women were concerned about it they would have shut it down a long time ago.

I guess we have to assume it is just not all that important to them.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I never have understood why there is all of this concern over the matter. If the women were concerned about it they would have shut it down a long time ago.

I guess we have to assume it is just not all that important to them.

I think the women haven't done anything about it because they've been saying for years that they were equal to men, could do anything men could, and to complain about the trans guys would be an admission that they were wrong all along.

Women don't admit they're wrong...in most cases.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I never met a female athlete who thought she was equal to men, physically. TMK, most leagues aren’t “male only”, it’s just that women cannot compete.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This might be why more women are not speaking up.
How the woke mob responded to Taylor Silverman for speaking out against transgender competitor

The leftist Twitter mob is pretty fucked up and hell bent on destroying ANYONE who dares to disagree with them on trans madness.

From the article. This kind of stuff is what you get bombarded with at a shocking rate when you anger the insane left.
“Here’s how the tolerant left responded to her request to save women’s sports for biological women:

lol or you could just … be better at skating & actually win the already fair contest?”
“Sounds like you’re just not as good as you think you are

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
TMK, most leagues aren’t “male only”, it’s just that women cannot compete.

There have been a number of female football players on male college teams (including Division I teams) and in male minor leagues, going back several decades. Generally as kickers/holders, but occasionally as running backs, receivers, and safeties.

But not in the NFL.

However, there was one woman drafted into the NBA back in 1977, Lusia Harris by the New Orleans Jazz, but she dropped out before playing after becoming pregnant.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, there was one woman drafted into the NBA back in 1977, Lusia Harris by the New Orleans Jazz, but she dropped out before playing after becoming pregnant.
Couldn't play like that? Isn't that 2 against 1? Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post