SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Papa John's Founder Getting Lynched Today By Twitter Mob
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Papa John's Founder Getting Lynched Today By Twitter Mob Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
John Schnatter is a giant asshole to deal with.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm glad that's settled! Roll Eyes

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sort of wish they had fought this. Now I don't have any reason to buy anymore PJ Pizzas, because "they caved".

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
U of L just took PJ's name off the football stadium. I've been a fan since Wesly Unseld was a freshman but I'm done with UofL now. Go IU!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He used the word within context, during a conference call with a marketing agency. Conference calls in my experience always require you to mind your P's & Q's, you never know who's listening on the other end. Marketing firms are inherently sensitive to public perceptions, I don't like their business but, it's necessary; they're the kid in high school, who was friends with everyone, had to have everybody's signature in their yearbook and participated in everything. There's a lot of self-esteem problems in that industry.

Schnatter was already in the cross-hairs of SJW's with his comments about the national anthem/NFL, I don't like this entire episode. This firm Laundry Service is owned by Casey Wasserman, who's one of the biggest sports agents and a major player in entertainment media. He sits on the board of a number of high profile entertainment brands, very well connected in the LA media scene and was also a major Hillary Clinton supporter in '16, even hosting a fund-raiser. This firm likely recorded the call, and played it to all their friends in the news and media circuit, then threw him (Schnatter) under the bus and let the mob 'help-out'. If you're an executive with a public profile, any complaining you do needs to be to your legal council, not to some outside contractors. Meanwhile, don't do business with Laundry Service.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
He used the word within context, during a conference call with a marketing agency. Conference calls in my experience always require you to mind your P's & Q's, you never know who's listening on the other end. Marketing firms are inherently sensitive to public perceptions, I don't like their business but, it's necessary; they're the kid in high school, who was friends with everyone, had to have everybody's signature in their yearbook and participated in everything. There's a lot of self-esteem problems in that industry.

Schnatter was already in the cross-hairs of SJW's with his comments about the national anthem/NFL, I don't like this entire episode. This firm Laundry Service is owned by Casey Wasserman, who's one of the biggest sports agents and a major player in entertainment media. He sits on the board of a number of high profile entertainment brands, very well connected in the LA media scene and was also a major Hillary Clinton supporter in '16, even hosting a fund-raiser. This firm likely recorded the call, and played it to all their friends in the news and media circuit, then threw him (Schnatter) under the bus and let the mob 'help-out'. If you're an executive with a public profile, any complaining you do needs to be to your legal council, not to some outside contractors. Meanwhile, don't do business with Laundry Service.

Schnatter talked with local afternoon drive-time radio DJ about this controversy and fairly well states that he was set-up by this agency and what is said above. Further comments are made about other aspects of the various UofL Athletics problems (Pitino and Jurich). Twenty-eight and one-half minute radio interview at this link.
https://whas.iheart.com/featur...g-use-of-the-n-word/

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

How is he a giant asshole? Your personal experience?

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yup. My family owned 50+ papa johns. We also owned the regional franchise rights as well so we dealt with him enough to know what kind of person he is.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup. My family owned 50+ papa johns. We also owned the regional franchise rights as well so we dealt with him enough to know what kind of person he is.

So what did JS do...kick your dog, screw your wife, call your kid ugly...what made him an asshole?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
quote:

What does that have to do with this?

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:
quote:

What does that have to do with this?

GGF

Maybe it's his way of saying that the guy deserves to be treated that way by the Twatter lynch mob. But, as stated above, we still have no idea why he's a giant asshole.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Schnatter talked with local afternoon drive-time radio DJ about this controversy and fairly well states that he was set-up by this agency and what is said above. Further comments are made about other aspects of the various UofL Athletics problems (Pitino and Jurich). Twenty-eight and one-half minute radio interview at this link.
https://whas.iheart.com/featur...g-use-of-the-n-word/

Interesting..thanks for the link.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
U of L just took PJ's name off the football stadium. I've been a fan since Wesly Unseld was a freshman but I'm done with UofL now. Go IU!

you DISGUST me. IU?!? come on, how about UK instead!?!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
UK is too hard to keep up with the one and dones.

Indiana is on the cusp of regaining former glory and Romeo Langford is going to be fun to watch.

Go IU!

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I wonder if UL will return the money Papa Johns gave them while they're removing their name from everything??

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
No pizza until they publicly DEMAND him back.

Friday night used to be pizza night here.

Maybe they can get Herman Cain in to fix them like he fixed Godfathers.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sometimes in business you have to be an "asshole" to get things done.
Keep in mind this is usually the perspective of those not getting "their way" in the transaction.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Schnatter talked with local afternoon drive-time radio DJ about this controversy and fairly well states that he was set-up by this agency and what is said above. Further comments are made about other aspects of the various UofL Athletics problems (Pitino and Jurich). Twenty-eight and one-half minute radio interview at this link. https://whas.iheart.com/featur...g-use-of-the-n-word/

When I first read about this, that was my thought as well. This seemed like a setup. That media company should be ostracized for this. They basically knifed a paying client.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:
Schnatter talked with local afternoon drive-time radio DJ about this controversy and fairly well states that he was set-up by this agency and what is said above. Further comments are made about other aspects of the various UofL Athletics problems (Pitino and Jurich). Twenty-eight and one-half minute radio interview at this link. https://whas.iheart.com/featur...g-use-of-the-n-word/

When I first read about this, that was my thought as well. This seemed like a setup. That media company should be ostracized for this. They basically knifed a paying client.

Page not available. Anyone have the Cliff notes version?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post