SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nicotine (gum)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nicotine (gum) Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
Haven't smoked a cigarette in over 13 years. I recently picked up a sample pack of Lucy gum. 4mg is a lot, I didn't read the instructions the first time to "park" it in my cheek Eek. It works better than a cup of coffee in the afternoons. Highly focusing. Anybody else?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's addictive. Put it down and walk away.

Posts: 107749 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Why?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why what?

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Why after 13 years would one ingest nicotine .

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Nicotine is the least harmful of the 69 other potentially carcinogenic chemicals in a cigarette. I don't see myself taking up smoking to get off a piece of gum once and a while Wink.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Known to cause some brutal hiccups.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8367 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Nicotine is the least harmful of the 69 other potentially carcinogenic chemicals in a cigarette. I don't see myself taking up smoking to get off a piece of gum once and a while Wink.
You're fooling yourself. Nicotine is highly addictive. But, it's your life.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haven't smoked a cigarette in over 13 years.

Yet you're fine with ingesting the active ingredient that hooked you on cigarettes. On what planet does this make sense?

Posts: 28012 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have a good friend who’s addicted to that gum. He uses it nonstop all day long. Goes through 2-3 pieces an hour.

Posts: 26949 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Still doesn't answer, why, after 13 years without a cigarette, you suddenly decided start chewing a nicotine gum. Just strange.

Q

Posts: 26504 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still doesn't answer, why, after 13 years without a cigarette, you suddenly decided start chewing a nicotine gum. Just strange.

Agreed. For that matter, why even post it? Looking for validation?

If you want an early afternoon "pick-me-up," surely there are better ways to do it than ingesting literal poison. There's a reason it's used in insecticides.

Posts: 28012 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

I wouldn’t do it either and I’m not going to go into a long defense for it’s use but there are studies that it can help prevent some of the brain issues humans get as they age because it opens the blood flow to your brain. I don’t think nicotine by itself has ever been shown to cause any problems what so ever. Like I said I’m not going to do it though.

I don’t think you have to chew gum anymore. I’ve heard Tucker talk briefly about it and he uses the little pouches that are similar to what is used to hold chewing tobacco.

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Validation? Was just wondering if anyone knew what "nootropic" means. Ingesting 10 grams of nicotine would not be good, obviously. The dose makes the poison. Smoking cigarettes is nasty and I'm realizing alcohol is a close second. At least this thread isn't about Adderall. Just wanted to see what the hype was all about and just got the sample pack.