SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Feel good moment of the day. Have to share.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feel good moment of the day. Have to share. Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Just reupd my membership at the local gun range. Have not been to the range for two months. In the basement pulling some ammo out of my two big ass cabinets. Whats this? Two boxes I don't remember? In the back, under some empty ammo cans. What the hell? I pull out a box of 1000 rounds of 9mm half ball, half hollow point. Pulled out another box of 10mm ball ammo. Big Grin Totally forgot about them. Receipts inside both boxes from the Ammoman in Jersey dated late 2018. Bought a tear to my eye. Merica.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Just reupd my membership at the local gun range. Have not been to the range for two months. In the basement pulling some ammo out of my two big ass cabinets. Whats this? Two boxes I don't remember? In the back, under some empty ammo cans. What the hell? I pull out a box of 1000 rounds of 9mm half ball, half hollow point. Pulled out another box of 10mm ball ammo. Big Grin Totally forgot about them. Receipts inside both boxes from the Ammoman in Jersey dated late 2018. Bought a tear to my eye. Merica.

Wow! Run out and buy a bunch of lottery tickets before your luck runs out. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I thought I was lucky when I found a bulk pack of 9mm, but that was only a hundred rounds or a little more.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Just did the same thing with a case of 9mm 115 grain.Thought the can was empty.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Better than winning on Jeopardy.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15909 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I had the same happen with an ammo can of PMC .223 several months back.
Had 840 rounds in it Big Grin

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1545 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sort of sounds like that there are a group of folks, me included, that are experiencing a bit of a memory problem. In this case, it is a good thing to have.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Luck of the Irish.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Brought a tear to my eye as well. Happy for ya!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Since you had totally forgotten about it then how about sharing some of the wealth with some of the board members here. Would gladly cover shipping cost.

Posts: 2027 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Good for you Cliff! That is a feel good story!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post