SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad News From Hickok 45
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad News From Hickok 45 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I saw his video about being banned, but later saw videos of him
shooting an M1A scout. Utube is owned by Google right?

Posts: 1349 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
When I saw the thread title, I was worried you’d report that he has cancer. At least it’s not that.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8285 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Part of the liberal crowd's targeting of all things firearms-related, and will affect product reviews, how-tos, comparisons, etc.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
They don't like their sponsor. Could he go free-lance?

Have you looked at the prices for ammunition or cameras lately. It is not at all cheap. In addition you have to consider the amount of work that goes into each video, editing the raw footage alone is probably 20 hours or more for each video.

Sponsors are what pays the bills.
To add another reason. Sponsorship is how they counteract demonitizing. A video will get put up for policy review via d-bag hitting button, YouTube moderator, and/or YouTube algorithm. While a video is being reviewed it doesn't get monetized. They get the majority of their views in the first few days so they lose most of their money when a video gets reviewed.

Counteracting demonitizing is why we see so many unrelated sponsors (e.g. gun channel having a privacy sponsor).

Thanks for explaining it to me, guys. He may be the largest platform on YouTube for firearms content. Can't help but wonder if others are next in line for whacking if Hickok 45 goes down or submits to their terms.

Posts: 3428 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Does that mean that the YouTube channels of firearm related companies could be banned? In a sense they sponser their own channels.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Some better news today: they've been in comms with the Youtube powers that be, and with some changes should be able to move forward and still be in compliance with the new guidelines:

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16996 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post