SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Army Airborne
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Army Airborne Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
HOOAH from a nasty leg!

Posts: 7097 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, give him blood wings, hopefully he'll appreciate that. Our black hats did that for us (voluntary) back in '92 and I was thankful they were willing to perhaps risk their careers to do that for us.

The over-reaction to some of those traditions is frustrating. Aren't we supposed to break things and kill people?

Anyway, congrats, you must be very proud!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Blood wings is the only way to graduate from airborne school, it's a tradition!
Yup we did it back at the Barracks after the DZ pinning where they where adamant no blood wings should occur (summer of 1994).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

My Black Hat looked perturbed when I asked for bloodwings, and he did it real quick. That was back in early 1978, so it was frowned upon even back then.

Tony

Posts: 371 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:

He does not know it but I still have the wings I was pinned with in 1985 and I will pin them to his chest.

This is cool as hell!
Congrats!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8550 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1139 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Congratulations!

I got my wings summer 1986, I had only finished my first year of Army ROTC and was still 18. One of the very youngest in my whole class. Unlike many if not most of my fellow cadets, the Captain of our company who was pinning them on asked me if I wanted "blood wings." I said "no, sir!" He leaned in, smiled, and said something like "good man, I did not get them either."

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS from a very supportive civilian!n(FIL is retired AF Captain, BIL Navy Reserve Lt Cmdr, just got back from Iraq)

Posts: 437 | Registered: May 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
Congrats!

My Black Hat looked perturbed when I asked for bloodwings, and he did it real quick. That was back in early 1978, so it was frowned upon even back then.

Got mine in Feb. '78 on the DZ from a Blackhat without issue or drama. Everyone in proximity did as well.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3163 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
VERY cool SW_Sig, thank you for sharing such a precious moment with us.

Very very well done sir! Smile Smile

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
SALUTE!!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Rangers next?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
What a pinning that will be!

Benning has sure changed since '85!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5062 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post