SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hawaii boys take USA L.L. Championship! Play S. Korea tomorrow!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaii boys take USA L.L. Championship! Play S. Korea tomorrow!! Login/Join 
posted
Shaka!! Hawaii will play S. Korea for the Little League 2018 "World" Championship. So proud of these guys, representing the good ol' USA tomorrow!! A W E S O M E ! !

I tip my hat to the Georgia team and their families, such a long hard journey to get to the Championship game. Good luck against Japan tomorrow!

Japan and Korea have dominated the series the last few years, hopefully our boys can bring the World Championship back to the USA.

https://www.cbssports.com/gene...ip-game-of-the-llws/

Posts: 3237 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GEEV UM!

Posts: 325 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I went to see two games in 2015 and it was one of the best sporting event experiences I've ever had.

The rules of little league are bad but it makes for good ESPN viewing. 46 foot mound and 60 base paths are way to short for 13 year olds. That's 9 - 10 year old distance. My 11 year old plays 50-70.

If they increased the distance the game would take longer and have much more offense. I think part of the reason they don't change is kids leading off cause throw overs, kids stealing lengthens the innings. And ESPN wouldn't get games complete in less than 2 hrs.

In comparison our 13U plays, 54 mound 80' base paths 300' fence

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
In comparison our 13U plays, 54 mound 80' base paths 300' fence
Or in other words your 13U team plays a version of 'real' baseball. As many here know, I coached youth baseball for the better part of ten years (Babe Ruth, PONY, and USSSA) but wouldn't let my son go near LL because of the bastardized rule book. The LL World Series is fun to watch, and made for TV, but its miles away from what most good 12-13 year olds play throughout the year. That said, I will be watching tomorrow and rooting on the boys from Hawaii.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JackBlundell:
GEEV UM!

Ohh Yeahh! (missing link, 50th State Wrestling).

Watching the game on TV while enjoying favorite pupu's makes for an enjoyable experience. Razz

Don't know when our boys will make it to the Championship game again...so have to let this one sink in.

Our football team (Univ. of Hawaii) has been in the dumps the last several seasons, hopefully 3rd year Coach Rolovich (former UH QB), can bring in some new blood and turn things around this year...

Posts: 3237 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hawaii wins the 2018 Little League World Championship 3-0 over S. Korea!!! What a fun game it was...never seen a pitcher (Hawaii) smiling so much during the whole game, so much emotion following the game by both teams. Wish the boys and families a safe trip home. Hawaii...No Ka Oi!

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We'll be seeing some of those kids playing in the majors one day. A lot of talent on both teams.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great win for the island boys. Some good talent there, the HI coach has those kids really grounded.

Posts: 15085 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post