SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wireless earbugs that don't break the bank
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wireless earbugs that don't break the bank Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted
Can anyone recommend a wireless earbud that has the soft rubber inserts that won't break the bank?

Hate the Airpods as they don't "seal" in the ear canal.

I will only use them to listen to music. Won't use them as a Bluetooth microphone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Skull Candy Sesh earbuds, which sell for around $50 (the link is to Best Buy).

The audio quality and fit and comfort work ok for me. They came with three different sizes of soft ear pieces.

Playback functions (stop, pause, etc.) can be controlled from pressing the outside of the earbud as well as volume adjustment.

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Jaybird x3 (older models) and I am quite happy with them. They work great as speakers and work incredibly well for talking on the phone.
I would highly recommend checking out their offerings.

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-us

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Raycon's and am happy with them.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have Skullcandy but not the earbugs. I can attest to the quality-price of their product, though. Definitely worth checking out for $50. I have the set that goes around your neck and got those for $40 about 3 years ago. They're still going strong.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wireless earbugs

Big Grin

My son has a pair of the Tozo bluetooth ones and he really likes them I tried them and they sound decent (I hate earbuds, prefer headphones)

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

I've heard good things about the Raycons.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SJS
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using Anker Soundcore Life P2 for about 4 months and they are working well. Comes with 3 sizes of ear pieces. They had good reviews and reasonably priced. You can find them for about $45.

SJS

Posts: 682 | Location: NC | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1 on the Raycon brand.

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of Senheiser ear buds.

I love the sound, but they only last a few hours before needing to be charged.

My LG ear buds (get the ones that are water resistant) sound good, and the battery lasts a long time, but sometimes the hoop that goes around the neck wants to fall down my back.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of Jabra Elite 65t. I like them and a variety of ear inserts will fit on them to individualize your comfort. Jabra now has the 75t, I believe.

Jabra Elite 65t

The ones in "Titanium Black" are less than $100.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
I have Funcl

I paid $30 over a year ago(Now $15.99 with a 10% coupon on top), might be a different model but they look the same. Wife says the call quality is good and I work in a noisy environment. Sound quality is excellent btw.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair of Raycon 25s to use when I didn't want the dongle of an Airpod hanging out of my ear. They're pretty decent.

I realize technology keeps advancing, but I still prefer wired earbuds for two reasons:

(1) If one falls out during strenuous exercise, I don't have to stop and search for it.
(2) The wire serves as an FM antenna. I like listening to the radio in my area, and I can't with the wireless earbuds (and don't tell me to carry my brick-that-passes-as-a-phone).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I have these. Use them when mowing & in the helmet on the motorcycle.

https://www.ebay.com/i/2544334...54OKmtgaAmxiEALw_wcB

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Tozo T10 that were ~$50. They've been ok, but not great. Battery life is good, but they drop with movement & have been having some charging/connecting issues after ~1.5yrs. To be fair, I beat the shit out of them.

I just ordered some $37 Soundcore Liberty Neo. They're reviewed well & are made by Anker, which has been a good brand for chargers in the past. Haven't received them yet to judge, but if they are as good as the Tozo were to begin with, I'd say they're a bargain. Some of the features look to be better, so I might be singing praise in a week or 2. Hope so.
I miss my Shures for the sound, not for the cord. (lost one of the earpieces & the bluetooth sucked).

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

+1 on the Raycon brand.

I bought my wife a set of the Raycons but the piece that sticks out at the top hurts my ears after a few minutes.

Skull candy it is. Thanks guys!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
I have the Tozo T10 that were ~$50. They've been ok, but not great. Battery life is good, but they drop with movement & have been having some charging/connecting issues after ~1.5yrs. To be fair, I beat the shit out of them.

I just ordered some $37 Soundcore Liberty Neo. They're reviewed well & are made by Anker, which has been a good brand for chargers in the past. Haven't received them yet to judge, but if they are as good as the Tozo were to begin with, I'd say they're a bargain. Some of the features look to be better, so I might be singing praise in a week or 2. Hope so.
I miss my Shures for the sound, not for the cord. (lost one of the earpieces & the bluetooth sucked).

My Tozos fried after a few months. The charging case stopped working and smelled of fried electronics.

They were comfortable and worked great when they worked. Only complaint about wireless earbuds is that they don't allow super low volume settings. Always seems so loud.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Anker Soundcore Life P2

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I've seen reviews for the Raycons that show they look to be overpriced rebranded Chinese generic ear buds from Ali Express. Buyer beware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkz320weUQ

I like to use the wired bluetooth headphones because I don't like to pay more than $30 for them. These are the ones I'm using currently.

Wireless Headphones Anker Soundcore Spirit Pro

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post