SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    El Chapo Jury Terrified by AK-47, Grenade Launcher Demonstration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Chapo Jury Terrified by AK-47, Grenade Launcher Demonstration Login/Join 
posted
El Chapo jury terrified by AK-47, grenade launcher demonstration
By Emily Saul December 20, 2018 | 8:06pm | Updated

Prosecutors sent the El Chapo jury home with a bang on Thursday, after a firearms expert spent the afternoon waltzing around the courtroom wielding an AK-47 and a grenade launcher.

The jurors, equal parts entranced and terrified, watched as a unit chief from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms showed off the weapons that Joaquin Guzman and the Sinaloa Cartel allegedly used in in their everyday operations while trafficking drugs.

Before expert Max Kingery entered the courtroom, El Paso Detective Paul Lozano explained his team had followed a suspicious vehicle to a home on 12412 Tierra Bella Drive in January 2010. They obtained a search warrant, and inside found 40 AK-47s, seven bulletproof vests, 80 magazines — and a Christmas tree.

It’s not yet clear from testimony how the home, or the weapons, are tied to Guzman.

But jurors were treated to the gun show anyway, as Kingery told the court how easy it was to turn a semi-automatic gun into an automatic one. All 40 of the seized rifles were brought into the courtroom, wheeled in by agents in evidence carts.

While some members of the panel were transfixed as he stood, less than 2 feet from the jury box, whipping around the rifle, others seemed shell-shocked.

“This won’t fire,” he finally said, before pulling the trigger on one of the AK-47s, sending a resounding click echoing through the courtroom and one of the more frightened jurors shooting back in her chair.

But there was more in store for that juror, as Kingery popped open a hard-shelled case and next whipped out a disabled grenade, and then, a rocket-propelled-grenade launcher.

He balanced the launcher on the edge of the jury box as the explosive testimony continued.

As an additional holiday treat, he also pulled out a machine gun — though none were found in the El Paso home — to explain the difference between shooting a semi-automatic weapon and an automatic one.

Multiple witnesses have testified that Guzman was often surrounded by a crew toting AK-47s, and even allegedly had his own, plated in gold.

The accused drug kingpin has pleaded not guilty to a fusillade of charges, including running an ongoing criminal enterprise, international drug distribution, money laundering, and possessing firearms.

Thursday’s explosive testimony was the last jurors will hear until Jan. 3, when the trial will resume following a holiday break.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/20/...ncher-demonstration/

Posts: 387 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
For fucks sake...was that gun masturbation necessary?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
As an additional holiday treat, he also pulled out a machine gun — though none were found in the El Paso home — to explain the difference between shooting a semi-automatic weapon and an automatic one.

Why didn't they wheel in a mini-gun - though none were found in the home. Roll Eyes

El Chapo is a murdering, drug dealing, BRIBING (the biggest problem in Mexico IMHO) POS. Everyone on at *least* 2 continents knows that.

Any Fast & Furious guns in those 40 AKs?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the correct context I'd be willing to bet the jury would be equally as terrified seeing a metal stamping machine used to stamp car panels into shape. Roll Eyes

“Everybody's got plans...until they get hit.” Mike Tyson

Posts: 280 | Location: OC, CA | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they should have shown the jury pictures of people with their faces removed, and the remainder of their bodies burned, and drilled . . . these fucks deserve every punishment available to us. We should be grateful to the Department of Justice for prosecuting the filth.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yeah seriously.

Show them vids that are all over the net of cartels flaying people alive, cutting all limbs off while alive, and yes lots of live face removals...with knives.

You want to see some mid evil shit? Cartel videos. These people operate in the us too.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness they didn't introduce a 3D printer into evidence, talk about scary!

Posts: 6473 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Any bets on how many times he swept people in the courtroom during his little show? I would have lost my shit - even as a juror. It would have made the news in a big way, my lecture to the ATF flunky on basic firearms safety.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
And he told the jury how easy it was to convert semi-auto firearms into full-auto ones?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Any bets on how many times he swept people in the courtroom during his little show?

I was thinking the same thing. I bet they were swept more than a broom.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6730 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

You want to see some mid evil shit? Cartel videos. These people operate in the us too.
But to talk about that would be racist.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have thought that the government would have had their top dogs on this one. Sounds like a shit show. I could not help being reminded of the ATF guy shooting himself in the foot while demonstrating safe use of his pistol.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I wish I'd have been on the jury..... I would have asked if any of those firearms were provided by Obama's DOJ! Ass wipes!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Yeah seriously.

Show them vids that are all over the net of cartels flaying people alive, cutting all limbs off while alive, and yes lots of live face removals...with knives.

Law enforcement should not deal with "people" like that. I think the military should. The brutality of those fucks is sickening.

And yet Mexico blames their violence on our demand for drugs and us supplying guns. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Guns are bad ..... don't do guns ....mmmmkay Eek

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post