SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you remember that restaurant in. VA that kicked out Huckabee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you remember that restaurant in. VA that kicked out Huckabee Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
Well they're closing !
https://ijr.com/restaurant-kic...vernor-closes-doors/

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6344 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Five years later and post-COVID, which was tough on the restaurant industry. I'll go out on a limb and say the closing now is not related to the Huckabee incident.

Posts: 2494 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
They are "keeping the new name and new menu under wraps". Wonder why for?
While I think covid might have more to with this than anything, I'm sure the locals remember, and once the pandemic was over, they remembered and chose to "reinvest" their food budget elsewhere. I'm sure they didn't feel a calling to help the Red Hen recover from the pandemic.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Commie Clucker fafo Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 4709 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Five years later and post-COVID, which was tough on the restaurant industry. I'll go out on a limb and say the closing now is not related to the Huckabee incident.

You point is quite valid. But I will take another limb because I really believe in karma.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Good riddance, but they aren't going anywhere.

According to the Lexington News-Gazette link, they are re-opening in the same location but under a different name. They were a farm-to-table place and will be trying a new concept.

I wonder if it's a tax/bankruptcy thing.

https://www.redhenlex.com/

Posts: 4018 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post