SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sweet Baby Ray's Hot Sauce
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet Baby Ray's Hot Sauce Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
My wife picked up a bottle at the supermarket recently, man is that stuff good, just like all their products.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s the only BBQ sauce I use. I’ll have to try some hot sauce. Thanks

Posts: 958 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Never had their hot sauce but their BBQ sauce is wonderful.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Never tried the hot sauce. I used to like their BBQ sauce, but I started reading the ingredients on the label. Ingredient #1 is HFCS. Now I like Stubb’s.

I keep trying hot sauces, looking for the grail. I continue to return to Pico Pica. The real challenge has been finding a green chili hot sauce I like, but none I’ve tried has what I’m looking for. The best I’ve had was served at Baja Cantina in Cabo, BCS, Mexico. I inquired, and it’s a combination of habañero and serrano chiles. I suppose I need to try and make my own.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I like this stuff for green,

and this for red.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ll stick with Cholula Green Pepper. I buy half gallon bottles if it on Amazon. I then fill an empty 8 oz French’s Mustard bottle for convenient dispensing.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchase a locally produced green pepper hot sauce.....Santa Cruz Chili Factory. I had some just last evening on pizza!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I’ll stick with Cholula Green Pepper.
Good stuff!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
My wife picked up a bottle at the supermarket recently, man is that stuff good, just like all their products.

BOGO at Krogers right now

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I like Cholula green and red sauces too. I also like Frank's hot sauce as well as Tabasco. I find this Sweet baby Ray's hot sauce quite interesting because it is not too hot, and has a little sweet taste to it much like their BBQ sauces.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Panola Pepper is by far my favorite. Very reasonable to order from. I’ve yet to have a bad product from them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6227 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've been using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for years. Buy them in the 2-pack at Costco. But over time I got to feeling like it's just a bit too tangy for me. Maybe my taste is changing as I get older. Recently I've switched to Stubbs' Sweet Heat. I don't use hot sauce much at all. Guess I'm just a wuss on that score.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Never tried the hot sauce. I used to like their BBQ sauce, but I started reading the ingredients on the label. Ingredient #1 is HFCS. Now I like Stubb’s.

I keep trying hot sauces, looking for the grail. I continue to return to Pico Pica. The real challenge has been finding a green chili hot sauce I like, but none I’ve tried has what I’m looking for. The best I’ve had was served at Baja Cantina in Cabo, BCS, Mexico. I inquired, and it’s a combination of habañero and serrano chiles. I suppose I need to try and make my own.

After reading ingredients of Stubb's and SBR's I decided to try Stubb's, haven't purchased SBR's since the first time. There are three I really like, I don't know their names, but I'll come close. Original, bourbon, jalapeño and honey. I think original and jalapeno are my favorites. Which one depends on application.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Best around!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14010 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan, too sweet for my tastes, not to mention it uses HFCS.
My go-to BBQ sauce is Lilie's Q

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I used to like their BBQ sauce, but I started reading the ingredients on the label. Ingredient #1 is HFCS.

Same. That stuff is a chem lab with a splash of vinegar.

In addition to Stubbs, some Cattleman’s varieties and Heinz are HFCS free. As are many others. This guy puts his taste reviews on HFCS Free sauces.

http://www.bbqsaucereviews.com...free-bbq-sauce-list/

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Sweet Baby Ray's Creamy Buffalo Dip on hotdogs, hamburgers. Good stuff, not too hot/spicy.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Started fermenting my own hot sauces about a year ago. Very easy to do. Time is about all it takes. My favorite is mango habanero. Fermenting right now is some kiwi jalapeno and some Louisiana Red. You can buy all the woozy bottle kits on Amazon quite reasonably.

As far as BBQ sauce Blues Hog is the winner for me.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I've been using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for years. Buy them in the 2-pack at Costco. But over time I got to feeling like it's just a bit too tangy for me. Maybe my taste is changing as I get older. Recently I've switched to Stubbs' Sweet Heat. I don't use hot sauce much at all. Guess I'm just a wuss on that score.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. I use Baby Rays as a base and mix in some Bullseye to spice it up a little. A perfect mixture. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post