SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    French company liable after employee dies during sex on business trip
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

French company liable after employee dies during sex on business trip Login/Join 
posted
The French really do view sex differently from Americans. They always have. Here is the story:

A French company has been found liable for the death of an employee who had a cardiac arrest while having sex with a stranger on a business trip.

A Paris court ruled that his death was an industrial accident and that the family was entitled to compensation.

The firm had argued the man was not carrying out professional duties when he joined a guest in her hotel room.

But under French law an employer is responsible for any accident occurring during a business trip, judges said.

The man, named as Xavier X, was working as an engineer for TSO, a railway services company based near Paris.

He died at a hotel during a trip to central France in 2013, as a result of what the employer called "an extramarital relationship with a perfect stranger".

The company challenged a decision by the state health insurance provider to regard the death as a workplace accident.

The provider defended its position by insisting that sexual activity was normal, "like taking a shower or a meal".

In its ruling, the Paris appeals court upheld this view.

An employee on a business trip is entitled to social protection "over the whole time of his mission" and regardless of the circumstances, it said.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
God must have really loved him.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8361 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bet a bunch of companies cancel all business trips and go 100% video conference

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess he sort of "went when he came".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
"like taking a shower..."

Are these frenchies from outer space or are we talking regular french people that shower maybe once a week?

Particularly in summer, you can tell it´s not that time of the month. BO is a killer.

Maybe the guy chocked under an armpit.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12121 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
it's only a matter of time before it's the norm in the US...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he must've had Heart blowing sex. I'm guessing the wife is happy she's getting compensated from the cheating bastards company. But, why on earth should they pay for a sex related heart attack? Maybe if they gave their employees better health insurance the guy wouldn't have had a heart attack.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
We'll probably never know but it would be interesting to see the $ amount of the award.

IMO it shouldn't be much since the company wasn't negligent, you know, like faulty equipment, unsafe workplace, etc.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idk. It was an industrial accident. Like French workers compensation??? Loss of future earnings? Maybe Alan could find out for us. LOL

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
The man, named as Xavier....

I wonder if his last name was Hollander.

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Bet a bunch of companies cancel all business trips and go 100% video conference

Ewwwwwwww.... I don't want to watch my colleagues having sex.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
it's only a matter of time before it's the norm in the US...

Workers Comp (both sides) has been the core of my legal career for nearly 15 years. I can tell you that we’re damned near to that point now in Maryland. It only takes one case working it’s way up to our Court of Appeals and I fully expect that this decision will eventually be cited by claimant’s counsel when the right case comes along.

Here’s the closest one I can think of off the top of my head. The rationale appears to be very similar.

https://www.mdcourts.gov/data/...osa/2014/0291s13.pdf

-Rob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BurtonRW,

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Injured while dancing at the Pose Ultra Lounge & Nightclub!! That was a good one. Hurt his pelvis after slipping on a liquid. Wonder if there is a tape of the dance moves. Could have been the Electric Slide. I hear that is dangerous.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Knew a person that worked at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology. She once got the task to research death during sex.
What she found was men tended to die before they had an organism. They weren’t going out with a bang.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
How utterly absurd. Support for behavior completely lacking in morals. More evidence that the French are collectively slipping from sanity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15597 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
... men tended to die before they had an organism.

I think that's a good thing since men aren't designed to have organisms.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
This opens up a whole new realm for me on overnights!!!! HAHAHA!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
If sex can be considered an industrial accident, does that mean there is such a thing as industrial strength sex? Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It may just mean that the chick was really beefy.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He clearly wasn't wearing his PPE. Sacre bleu!

P229

Posts: 3833 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post