SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are there any musicians who record via computer interface coupled with a mixer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there any musicians who record via computer interface coupled with a mixer? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I’m rock-solid on the audio interface.

The converters are exceptional in the FAS unit.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Thank you.

I’m rock-solid on the audio interface.

The converters are exceptional in the FAS unit.

Nice!

Posts: 9438 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
My bass player uses Logic to play around recording us. Sounds pretty freaking good with minor post processing and while we're all playing and singing live in the same room (significant bleed.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty stoked fellas… It’s gonna be a long week. And I have a project that I have to record on a different platform. Ugh.

Already watching YT on Logic/masters classes.

Wow! DAWs sure are amazing these days. Crazy powerful. (I guess I never really thought it through… But slicing and quantizing digital audio… Freaking crazy.)

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just went through this and posted a question about DAW's here on the forum. Reaper was the one I downloaded for free. I started messing with it and continued to search knowledgeable opinions online. Within a day or two I was convinced enough to plop down the sixty bucks to own it. It's easy to find videos on YouTube as to why Reaper is so good. But even more telling are the comments following the videos. Check them out and I'll bet you'll make the same decision I did. I'm really looking forward to learning it and recording myself,too.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
This video is from an excellent channel. He happens to be using Reaper in this tutorial on setting up and getting going with home recording.

https://youtu.be/_emgDYEAJhI

Posts: 9438 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Since it’s going to be a week before this thing arrives… I’ve been binging on YouTube Logic Pro videos nonstop.

Now looking at a controller like a Nektar Panorama P6 for near-immediate integration with the daw/Logic and plugs.

Anybody have experience with one of these?

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
This video is from an excellent channel. He happens to be using Reaper in this tutorial on setting up and getting going with home recording.

https://youtu.be/_emgDYEAJhI

This channel is among the ones I have been watching. I've seen several of his videos, and I agree he does a good job explaining things. His mention of Reaper in a different tutorial is among those that steered me toward Reaper.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

Spent a few hours on this today. More to do, but most things are working/talking.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eek

Blast from my past, man. I last used that Panasonic DAT deck about 15 years ago.

Ahhhh memories.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

Eek

Blast from my past, man. I last used that Panasonic DAT deck about 15 years ago.

Ahhhh memories.

Ha! Yup … I picked that one up used last year…

It’s kind of a tape eater if I’m not super careful. I bought it to pull some music off the DAT tape from the early 1990s I’ve carried around far too long.

When I finish that project, I’m gonna huck that thing away forever. Big Grin

~Robert A. Heinlein

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

Eek

Ahhhh memories.

Ha! Yup … I picked that one up used last year…

It’s kind of a tape eater if I’m not super careful. I bought it to pull some music off the DAT tape from the early 1990s I’ve carried around far too long.

When I finish that project, I’m gonna huck that thing away forever. Big Grin

Part of my weekly tasks back then was mixing down a live recording for a linked pair of Mackie 24 channel recorders and creating masters to cassette, CD, and DAT. The DAT was archived (put on a shelf in my bosses office) and the cd and tape were then duplicated.

Dang I’m getting old.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post