SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    State Shaped Cast Iron Skillet Pans
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

State Shaped Cast Iron Skillet Pans Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted
http://odditymall.com/state-sh...st-iron-skillet-pans

Thought some of you folks might find this interesting.

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Kinda screwed if you are from Rhode Island. . .

That Texas one is pretty cool - I would buy that one.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I may need a little help backpacking with a set of those. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I didn't know every state has a Panhandle.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Colorado sucks. Smile

But if it were half the price I'd think seriously about buying a Georgia pan. I think they're really cool. Wonder if they'd custom make one with the handle on the north edge of the state so it could hang correctly?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
This is where they lost me:

quote:
Rhode Island will just cost you a mere $150.00, where Texas is going to run you $2,500.00

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
The Florida version would be better if the handle protruded into the Gulf, like the Keys.

The TN version has I-75 going into GA as the handle, hahaha.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Kinda screwed if you are from Rhode Island. . .

That Texas one is pretty cool - I would buy that one.

Rhode Island is screwed? What does that make Hawaii????
Wink

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:

quote:
Rhode Island will just cost you a mere $150.00, where Texas is going to run you $2,500.00

With the cost for Texas at 2500, what would Alaska cost?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2043 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:

quote:

With the cost for Texas at 2500, what would Alaska cost?

I assume that's why they don't make one. That and the fact that it would be probably 4'x4' and weigh 60lbs.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
getting all 48 state pans which equals out to 500 pounds of cast iron, and a hole where your wallet used to be.

Smile

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8273 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
What can you cook in a Rhode Island pan? A meatball?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I bet the Michigan one has a balance issue with with the forked handle going to both the upper peninsula and the much larger lower peninsula.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23655 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I saw these on the TV show "Handcrafted in America". Utah is really boring, I'll save my $$$.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Winner....!!! Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see anything actually cooked on the Michigan one. Razz

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Looks like Delaware is only good for cooking a sausage Razz

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Colorado and Wyoming would be the most practical choices.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Winner....!!! Big Grin

Well, I've gotta a lot of skillet these things.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Michigan one should come with Wisconsin attatched, that way you can cook bacon, egas and taters all at the same time..

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post