SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Deere has Gone Woke
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Deere has Gone Woke Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sooo...how soon do they start branding everything Juan Deere?

Posts: 709 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Oh you should hear the things my farmer (John Deere owner) friends are saying! Not repeatable!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2687 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Less than 5% of the population are these circus freaks that are pushing this woke trash on all of us. When he said who is the biggest stockholder, that speaks volumes. Another NWO Globalist period.

Patronize another brand folks if at all possible.

Posts: 2193 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird:
that sucks,

~2 years ago I was pissed and started putting my VERY modest retirement savings in individual stocks and funds... figured I could no way do worse... I've got ~10% in JD. I guess as a shareholder I can voice my opinion, screw it I'll give it a shot

FWIW: I actually chose JD over Cummins or CAT because of this shit

I'm now only in 6 things: #1 = SCHD, #2 = Bluebird (Yes, the manufacturer of school buses)

Why do you assume Cummins or CAT is any different? Most large companies are all-in on DEI.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird:
FWIW: I actually chose JD over Cummins or CAT because of this shit

Why do you assume Cummins or CAT is any different? Most large companies are all-in on DEI.
Looks to me like he realizes the other two have gone woke and just didn’t realize JD wasn’t any better (or was maybe worse).

Posts: 7106 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I was gonna buy a big-ass John Deere tractor to putter around the neighborhood but now, I think I'll just get a golf cart.

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.wqad.com/article/m...06-b8b7-de3a35c6f2dc

John Deere 'reaffirming' certain diversity policies in social media statement

Amid ongoing social media backlash and widespread company layoffs, John Deere announced Tuesday that it is scaling back some social & cultural awareness initiatives.

Author: Alec Doxsee
Updated: 6:19 PM CDT July 16, 2024

MOLINE, Ill. — Amid ongoing social media backlash and widespread company layoffs, John Deere announced Tuesday that it is changing how it participates in social and cultural awareness events, and reviewing other internal policies, in a statement published on social platform X.

In Deere's statement, the company committed to the following changes:

No longer participating in or supporting external social or cultural awareness parades, festivals, or events.

Business Resource Groups will exclusively be focused on professional development, networking, mentoring, and supporting talent recruitment efforts.

Auditing all company-mandated training materials and policies to ensure the absence of socially motivated messages, while being in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.

Reaffirming within the business that the existence of diversity quotas and pronoun identification have never been and are not company policy.

The announcement comes after a July 9 video posted to X by conservative political commentator and filmmaker Robby Starbuck, which has since received 5.2 million views and 27,000 reposts. In the eight-minute video, Starbuck argues that Deere's DEI policies are hurting its business operations.

"I think John Deere would be in a much better position if they were more focused on their core business instead of DEI and woke policies because they've just had to do mass layoffs and announced a production shift to Mexico," Starbuck said.

In June, Starbuck and other conservative social media users criticized Tractor Supply for its longstanding DEI policies. Just weeks later, Tractor Supply announced that it was eliminating DEI roles and retiring its current DEI goals.

News 8 has reached out to Deere for additional information on the new policies, and is waiting to hear back.

=====================================

FWIW, Deere World Hqs is here in the Quad Cities in Moline IL.

Posts: 16030 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ok. Next? Who's the next contestant to play Go Woke And Go Broke. And then retract. Who's the next clueless imbecile CEO who thinks he can make DEI work despite the failures of those before him? These CEOs may know their product but they obviously have no friggen clue who their customers are.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13124 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s even worse when they back track. It just proves it’s not your case vocation and you are just blowing in the wind with whatever you think helps your social credit score.

Posts: 4017 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Wait until the bs that Disney has been doing comes out. Sponsoring Pride parades with naked men while at the same time kids are invited. James O’Keefe just dropped this 5 days ago.

https://youtu.be/GNDqhe70pxA?si=iAXU88GMYoEx-ykn

Probably worth its own thread but I’ll let someone else do that. I hope people stop giving this company money.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Another abrupt corporate U-Turn - looks like Deere may not want to follow Bud Light's trajectory, after all:

Non-paywalled link:
WSJ 7/17/24: "Deere Slashes Diversity Initiatives After Backlash From Conservative Activist"

quote:
Deere, the world’s largest seller of farm equipment, said it would ensure the absence of what it described as “socially motivated messages” from company-mandated training materials and policies unless otherwise required. It said that diversity quotas have never been company policy and that it wouldn’t participate in or support “social or cultural awareness parades, festivals, or events.”

Posts: 15171 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Deere, the world’s largest seller of farm equipment, said it would ensure the absence of what it described as “socially motivated messages” from company-mandated training materials and policies unless otherwise required

Sooo, they just don't want it to get out then...Not necessarily that they're doing an about face, or changing their policies/removing them from the 'company mandated training materials', it's just that going forward nobody will talk about it publicly! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
these big corporations need to hire and staff a "walk back the woke" dept...

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7389 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could it be that DEI is finally heading for the exit? If the big tech companies are following Tractor Supply and John Deere, maybe its possible

Microsoft lays off its DEI team as fired staff complain diversity ideals were 'no longer business-critical'

Microsoft sparked internal revolt after it fired its diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) team, leading the program's leader to slam the company's 'changing business needs.'

The tech giant's move was exposed in an email obtained by Business Insider, which appears to show the DEI internal team leader criticizing the fact diversity was 'no longer business critical.'

Microsoft joins a number of tech companies in walking back DEI commitments that were made in the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests in 2020, including Google, Meta and Zoom.

It is unclear how many employees were laid off, and Microsoft did not immediately respond to a request for comment when contacted by DailyMail.com.

In a statement to Business Insider, Microsoft insisted that its 'D&I commitments remain unchanged.'

But according to the reported email leak, the former DEI team leader felt the company had quietly given up on the DEI initiatives it pushed during the BLM protests.

This included spending $150 million on DEI programs, and mandating training on racial allyship and privilege for all non-Black employees.

CEO Satya Nadella previously insisted such moves would not be a 'one-time event.'

However, the email reportedly scathed how in the time since, 'true systems-change work associated with DEI programs everywhere are no longer business critical or smart as they were in 2020.'

It comes amid further questions over the company's pledge in 2020 to double the number of Black leaders it employs at the top of the company by 2025.

Microsoft's progress on this promise appears to be unclear, and the company did not immediately respond to a request for an update.

In a statement after the email was exposed, Microsoft spokesperson Jeff Jones said the company's commitments 'remain unchanged', and insisted its work on the issue will 'hold firm.'

'Our focus on diversity and inclusion is unwavering and we are holding firm on our expectations, prioritizing accountability, and continuing to focus on this work,' he said.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella made a number of moves in the wake of the BLM protests that he promised would not be a 'one time event' - including funneling $150 million into DEI programs

Posts: 621 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
THey backed down and cut it out, so JMO I'll give them some slack.

presumably public companies were blackmailed by Blackrock if they didn't put in DEI policies and many capitulated.

Deere having rainbow policies, that once out in the public they scrubbed, is way different than Butt Light putting that Deranged Trans thing out as a spokesMAN for BL, and then an HR person deriding the base of customers.

We should be glad that our continued push back on DEI is working, this is how it changes, one company at a time, Bud, Tractor Supply, Deere....

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post