SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fox News Reporting a Texas Mosque Destroyed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox News Reporting a Texas Mosque Destroyed Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
in an early morning blaze - the cause is unknown

based on my years of experience and 8 years as a volunteer fire fighter I am going to guess the cause was fire

but thats just me

other than that, I don't have a problem Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Do you have a link?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
allow me:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireS...aze-unknown-45111202

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paragon.

I got $20 that says a Muslim torched it to blame it on bigots.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
This isn't what we need right now. We need people to calm the hell down. A Mosque burning down whether it be due to arson or not, the left going to look at it as a hate crime and will justify their positions with it.

Posts: 11173 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
This isn't what we need right now. We need people to calm the hell down. A Mosque burning down whether it be due to arson or not, the left going to look at it as a hate crime and will justify their positions with it.

See post right above yours.

Q

Posts: 26458 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree fully.

I might also suggest if it is arson, we don't instantly assume who might be responsible for such. It is not uncommon for those playing the role of victim to self-inflict (which I guess is restating tatortodd). But if arson, regardless of the perp, it is a tragedy that will stir up a lot of stink.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only if we let them and the media control the narrative. Luckily, the guy in the White house is quite good at handling the media. Here's video from yesterday's media interaction....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You know full well what caused it.... or should I say WHO.

Posts: 21117 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
You know full well what caused it.... or should I say WHO.

0bama caused it.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
In general most church fires are not arson, I would suspect that the same would hold true with other houses of worship.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
funny how they refer to it as 'anti-muslim bigotry' yet most everyone else considers it to be situational awareness

CAIR needs to go away

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
So either: a) the last one there forgot to set the alarm and lock the doors, or, b) someone else has keys and the alarm code.

From the link to the story:

"The congregation's pastor, known as an imam, was awake in the early morning hours and checked online surveillance of the mosque and found no alarm active and the doors unlocked, Hashmi said. On Jan. 21, someone broke in and stole some electronics, including laptops.

"He was worried about it and drove over there," Hashmi said. "By that time, fire engines were already there pouring water on the fire."

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hbabler:
In general most church fires are not arson, I would suspect that the same would hold true with other houses of worship.

How quaint!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10711 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regardless what the cause turns out to be, the innuendo part of the process has been accomplished.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2072 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
So someone took the laptops previously. Hmm. Well, I guess they didn't get damaged or lost in the fire. What a coincidence.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hbabler:

From an article in 2015:
As of July 14, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) had ruled 29 of 79 fires at houses of worship in 2015 to be arson, although some investigations were ongoing.

Indeed, about half of all the fires at houses of worship in the past 20 years were intentionally set, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of data from the ATF. Of the 4,705 reported fire incidents at houses of worship between 1996 and 2015, 2,378, or 51%, had been ruled intentional as of July.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fac...0-years-were-arsons/

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
A lot of churches have people coming in and holding 'events'. Many times they bring in crock pots or hot plates from home, or use the small kitchen there. They leave without locking up or turning things off. Often forgetting to lock up or turn on the alarm. I'm guessing mosques have the same issues. Imagine a few dozen people having a key to your house, and they know they can host a party there any time you're away. It would probably be a smoldering ash heap in short order as well.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

There was a scene in the movie The Departed where two of Costello's crew are outside on the street and they are talking about how easy it was to spot a cop. They found reasons that everyone who passed by was a cop.

I have stopped giving a fuck about "how the left" looks at things. Or "they left may use this"...... Seriously, I no longer give a fuck. Guess what, fellas? If stuff like this does not go on, they will invent it, much like I suspect has happened here. They make up stuff to justify their positions, they play stupid little games, and me, myself? I don't give a fuck. As they have rounded the bend of insanity, all of this stuff does not worry me a bit. Why? Because it matters not that it happens. Look at how they harp on about crowd size, a bust being removed from the White House, etc. All invented stuff that has no bearing over life.

I no longer care about anything they have to say. It is truly like a cave man yelling at the sky because he does not understand thunder.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Here in New England, I've been to a lot of churches that have burned multiple times and been rebuilt. Note, that this is over hundreds of years, and often due to changing technology and/or aging equipment, accident, weather, etc. Churches also burn successfully because that fire starts late at night when no one is there, or if someone is the old structure is already involved by the time anyone figures it out.

Right now, today, a mosque burning is not something I'd start by looking at as random or accidental. It is most likely arson, and if the trend continues, it was intentionally set by a member of the mosque. Or, someone who wasn't.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27018 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post