SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home after spinal fusion surgery. My wife is an angel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home after spinal fusion surgery. My wife is an angel Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
Made it through, brothers.

I was in the hospital for 4 days, 3 nights, single room. I had fusion with pressure relief. Bad disc removed, spreader inserted, fused with bone grafts.

We got home late yesterday, No septic field deposits yet but tomorrow feels like a good bet.

Pain? Yes, new, indescribable pain levels easily achieved.

My wife is an angel.

Posts: 12926 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Jeff, Great to hear you're home hoping recovery goes well!

Y'all take care!

Chris

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Jeff, praying for a complete and quick recovery. good luck my friend.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Heal up well, Sir. Glad you're home and hope you have a complete recovery.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope all goes well for your recovery. I had a fusion/pins etc in my lumbar area about 15 yrs ago and the surgeon told me I would feel like I got hit by a truck afterward....and he was right. But, after recovery the relief has been well worth it, so good luck and hang in there.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Take care Jeff. Pain free days are coming. Hang in there, get well soon.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16719 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
GREAT to hear, sir!!! You'll be up and about smokin' those Cubans in NO time at all!! Pain meds are your FRIEND!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent frem an old broken back guy...

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Hoping you have a quick and successful recovery.

Posts: 4635 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your recovery, Jeff! Don't be going outside anytime soon...too many damn hills and slopes at your place to be going out for a stroll!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Dam hit those pain meds hard. Hang in there and heal up strong man. Way to go Mrs Yarchin for the support!

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6977 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
Had L4-S1 in 2005.

It gets better.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Here is to a speedy recovery.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Glad it all went well. That's the important part, though the pain seems to make it a moot point at some times I know. I never had pain until I had nerve pain.

Here's to better days and less pain. May each day be better than the one before.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Best wishes Jeff. Praying for a full recovery and tons of good days ahead.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you mend well Jeff. Wifey had a similar surgical operation in December 2012. It took 2-3 years before she was pain free. Let me know if you need me to bring anything from C-Town for you.

Give S- our best!

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. Take your time and follow Dr's orders. Keep an eye on your humidors to make sure they don't dry out but don't smoke until you are cleared to do so.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post