Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Just because you can, doesn't mean you should |
I’m a little SW of you in the north Ga mountains. The area is a nice place to live, even if it’s a bit hot and humid this time of year. We’re about to get to the nicest time of most years, the fall. ___________________________ Avoid buying ChiCom/CCP products whenever possible. | |||
|
| Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated ![]() |
Best of luck to you out east. The Colorado I grew up in is long gone. We too will probably leave. But not quite yet. Still a little hunting and fishing to do first. "Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am." looking forward to 4 years of TRUMP! | |||
|
| Jack of All Trades, Master of Nothing ![]() |
Sadly the Colorado I grew up in is no longer a place but a time. My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball. | |||
|
This Space for Rent![]() |
Interesting. My wife, who grew up in Lakewood is having the same issues. She is looking to retire in 2-4 years and would like out move out for her health reasons. Not a native, but I moved here in 1989 for college (CSU) and knew his was the place for me. it is sad to see what has happened to Colorado in the last 10 years. As much as I would love to stay, it is time to move on.... we were looking at Greenville SC to retire to. Don't know much about the area but have a former work mate that lives near Clemson and absolutely loves it. We are planning to start our scouting trips next year. We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH. | |||
|
Alienator![]() |
Welcome to the great state of NC. I'm in Charlotte. SIG556 Classic P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial P938 SAS P365 FDE P322 FDE Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" | |||
|
| Itchy was taken |
Move is 1/2 complete. We're here, camping in the house. Our stuff arrives next Tuesday. On Wednesday, we fly back to Colorado to get the rest of our stuff, make the house ready for sale, etc. So far, I like it. _________________ This space left intentionally blank. | |||
|
| Member |
Good luck scratchy. Safe traveks sir | |||
|
| Green grass and high tides |
I hope selling the house goes well. Market is tough right now to sell. "Practice like you want to play in the game" | |||
|
| Itchy was taken |
Very. We are aggressively pricing as the market is depressed at both ends. Not looking for a killing, just a swap. _________________ This space left intentionally blank. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Welcome to The Old North State! For pretty good pizza with nice atmosphere check out West First Wood-Fired in Downtown Hendersonville. There can be a short waiting list at popular times. A starter of fresh bread while you waiting hits the spot, and I bet their other Mediterranean fare is good but all we get is the pizza. I'm just west of Charlotte in Gaston County and haven't checked out other places out west so when out that way West First is a must. West First Wood-Fired | |||
|
| Member |
Welcome from a fellow member located in NW North Carolina. Temperatures moderate from the rest of the state. Southern mountains will be a little warmer than the northern mountains. Enjoy. P.S. Used to travel to Colorado on business years ago. Sorry to hear that it has changed so much. | |||
|
| Itchy was taken |
Thanks! Our movers brought most of our stuff today. Nothing like a sea of boxes. We'll settle in. _________________ This space left intentionally blank. | |||
|
| Member |
welcome from Greensboro, hope it all goes well and have some ice cold Cheerwine to fight the humidity! | |||
|
Member![]() |
You will love Hendersonville. My parents moved there about 16 years ago from PRIL...great weather, although not as "mountainous" as the Rockies. You're far enough away from the loonies in Asheville, but close enough to enjoy the restaurants they have there. Downtown Hendersonville is great!...lots of local shops and great restaurants. I live about 2 hrs away and visit often. Congratulations on your new home! | |||
|
| Itchy was taken |
Cool! We'll all have to meet up for an adult beverage. All of our stuff is finally here. It's still a box jungle. The moving company destroyed our tempurpedic mattress. I thought it would be a claim nightmare. They paid quickly, check arrived today. We've had a few visitors. The white tailed deer love our kousa dogwood fruit and black bears cruise on through, probably hunting trash cans. Enjoying a Casamigos Reposado at the moment _________________ This space left intentionally blank. | |||
|
| Member |
Lived in Colorado for 25 years then retired to NE Florida, just spent a week in Banner Elk and the wife and I loved it, reminded us of when we lived at 7400’ in Co. problem is if you need to get to the hospital or get groceries it can be a tough drive on real twisty tight roads. One of the reasons we didn’t move to Blue Ridge Ga. If I were younger I wouldn’t mind. Made us miss our old home in Co thou. | |||
|
| Where liberty dwells, there is my country |
We slid under the tofu curtain of California in 2020 and ended up in the foothills of NC about an hour SE from Hendersonville. NC is a great place as is Hendersonville. I will second the recommendation for West First Wood Fired - go there every time we are in town. Welcome to 2nd amendment freedom, my friend! "Escaped the liberal Borg and living free" | |||
|
Legalize the Constitution![]() |
Well said. _______________________________________________________ despite them | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

