SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    July 1969 M16A1 field manual 750-30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July 1969 M16A1 field manual 750-30 Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
...drawn by Will Eisner, the former Army comic artist who designed vehicle manuals in World War II.

Link to manual pdf

I had never run across this before.

Link to article

Question:
How many of you guys got issued this manual?

Choices:
Yes
No
Wasn't 'issued', but I've seen it before.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one from a buddy. Really cool. Seem to demand a premium from the surplus/retro M16/Vietnam era collectors.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That is an issue of "PS Monthly" a pub that would come out monthly (duh) with tips and stuff for different pieces of equipment. It was only a few years ago that the last printed issue was sent out. It's all digital now. We used to get those in our maintenance shop and our pubs guy had to keep a year on hand (just one of those weird pubs rules we had). Had some good tips and info on the tank. Somewhere in my garage I have one of the last hard copy issues, I'll see if I can find it.

PS History

You can still look at some of the old back issues and some of the newer stuff.

Current Articles

One Archive

More Issues

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've not only seen it before I've got a well worn copy.

It's in the original carton that contains my pristine Colt AR-15
(early 70's vintage). The original invoice ($179.00) is in there too.

Pretty sure I picked up the comic book at the Charlotte Army Nat. Guard.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The Classic.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen it before, but after serving. In a mil-surp store. In my day, we got a different manual;
the TM9-1005-249-10 from 1977. With a pale blue cover. My 1983 manual for the A2 (a Marine Corps manual) is woodland camo.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I miss Connie.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Got it for a retro M16E1 build I'm still scrounging parts for.

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've got my older brother's somewhere around here.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34132 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
That manual was laying around every supply and arms room in the early 1980's. Bonnie and Connie were drawn that way on purpose so young men would want to read PS magazine and DA pams. By the time I retired in 2013, the characters were so toned down some were almost androgynous.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I bought a complete retro E1 from Brownells and a copy was included with it.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post