SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes it REALLY pays to clean out your garage
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes it REALLY pays to clean out your garage Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted

On week 2 of (sort of) thorough organization of the garage/workshop. Hours and hours of sorting, organizing, labeling, entering on Excel so I can find the darn stuff later. Now on to tools gathered in various plastic drawers etc. around the house.

Finally! My Sig Armorer's Tool, gift of Bruce Gray in probably 2006-7. Thanks, Bruce!
No longer made, not available anywhere, even posted WTB in Classifieds.

Posts: 18074 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I remember those. Wish I had grabbed one back in the day.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Mine is on the bench in the garage! Sometimes it pays to have a stash of old tools.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I have one of those in a range bag somewhere.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8799 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
What is a “Sig Armorer's Tool” used for?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8974 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
made me go looking

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Mine looks like sjtill's but has white lettering.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
What is a “Sig Armorer's Tool” used for?

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...rers-combo-tool.html

A Multipurpose tool for Sig Sauer handguns featuring a correctly shaped screwdriver tip for removing grip screws, installation and removal of magazine catch and sear spring and a tip to aid in mainspring removal and installation. 5/16" drive. The screwdriver may not fit the older style P226 screws with the smaller .115" shank.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll give ya 5 bucks for it! Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6218 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
No longer made, not available anywhere, even posted WTB in Classifieds.

Dang, I didn't know they stopped making those, glad I got one when I did.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I have mine in my gun tools toolbox and it does get some use.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That whole "not available anywhere" thing makes me want to borrow one and see if I can duplicate it. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Digging through some very carefully organized storage boxes placed on neatly organized shelving ,
While searching for something totally unrelated.
I came across 35 pounds of ammo I forgot I had.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post

Looks like they made some cosmetic changes over the years.
I think I got mine around 2010 or 2011.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Back in 2010 I found 1000 round of 9mm ammo I forgot I had stored in my garage.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I did a bit of garage cleaning and I found things I had no recollection of having. I bought a set of impact sockets a couple months ago. I just found an second identical, unused set. No idea when I got it.

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Advantage of Amazon: faster than finding your lost tool.
Diadvantage: now you have three of them.

Posts: 18074 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Back in 2010 I found 1000 round of 9mm ammo I forgot I had stored in my garage.

Somewhere in the house or garage is a 640rd spam can of 7.62x39 I bought from SG (Buyer's Club) for $45.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Seems like quite a few designs of the same tool. Had no idea they had become so scarce. Here's mine that I also picked up off the forum:

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4932 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
That whole "not available anywhere" thing makes me want to borrow one and see if I can duplicate it. Cool

My thoughts also.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post