SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes you see a special and touching moment that you want to capture forever
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes you see a special and touching moment that you want to capture forever Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
But, it was so fleeting that you had no times to do it.

A couple of evenings ago, I dropped by my parents house to visit. It was dark, I thought Dad already went to bed. I opened the door, he was in the living room in front of the altar setup for Mother (Ma). Many of you probably remember she passed away a year ago. Dad didn't hear or see me coming in. I saw him talking to Ma, "Don't forget to come and see me tonight, ok? I miss you very much. Don't forget to come and see me in my dream tonight, ok?"

Man, that just brought tears to your eyes.

Have you ever had one of those moments that you wished you could have been able to capture forever on tape?

Q

Posts: 27625 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure you did capture it forever.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3905 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful moment. Even though it wasn't recorded you got to experience it and I'm happy for you.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Yes, it did. Simply beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Yes, it did. Simply beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Got me - Thanks

Posts: 504 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing that.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The power of love knows no boundaries.
Thanks,
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My screen got fuzzy after reading your post.
Beautiful moment.

PC

Posts: 1374 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Dang screen went all blurry... what a touching tribute to your mom!! Just WOW!

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
Photographer Joel Sartore says that sometime you just have to pet the whale. You get so caught up in trying to capture a special moment that you miss the whole experience.

As Spinzone said, you did capture that moment..

Under Construction

Posts: 370 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Must be damn allergy kicking up again. I'm having trouble reading the screen.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can relate to your dad 1000%. Sometimes it helps to say things out loud!!

Posts: 6719 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post