SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife wants a lightweight laptop/notebook
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife wants a lightweight laptop/notebook Login/Join 
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Costco has the new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 bundle on sale for $799. Comes with the i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and 128GB storage, Keboard, Pen.

That is much better than you can get it elsewhere.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Lenovo. I usually go for the smaller X Series, though.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
can Not Give advise on to anybody about what system ,
However I did receive an Email From Dell about there Black Friday sale and it almost tempted me in to an update for my Wife's Laptop.

Posts: 1604 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Our local Black Fridays are a joke, there is no such inventory administration like yours. Ours is just using the now household term to their benefit and clearing out second brand name products.

Will look thoroughly into Dell local catalog. At first glance we have no XPS availability.

MS pulled out, as a firm from our country. No products available other than digital software licenses. Even when they sold mice and keyboards, they were only available in limited and sporadic batches.
XBox stuff was pulled out from the kind of shops that sell console products.
No such thing as a hardware support or after sale branch.

Come to tthink of it, the wife needs the numeric keypad. A deal breaker.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

0-0

I’d counsel against this if you want a lightweight laptop. If you really want a keypad, your options shrink drastically (which is already a problem for you in Argentina) and you will be looking at mostly 17” behemoth laptops:

Could she use a USB keypad or perhaps go without?

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my Microsoft Surface 2

Posts: 1071 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

0-0
As mentioned already, ditch the numeric keypad issue if you truly want a small, lightweight, laptop. If you absolutely have to have a full sized keyboard occasionally, buy a cheap full-sized keyboard and plug it in to your new laptop when necessary.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Should have slapped my forehead instead of mentioning the numeric keypad. It´s nonsense (to me).

I already setup an i5 17inch 8GB RAM Samsung with an SSD and it was declared unfitted for the task. Too big and heavy for my lady...

Since she crunch numbers for a living, it´s a bigger deal for her than for me. But you can´t have the cake and eat it too, can you?

0-0

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
She needs an external numeric keypad if she wants a small, light laptop and then plug it in as needed (or some are bluetooth).

https://www.amazon.com/externa...eypad%20for%20laptop

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
We do have the USB pad, bought it with a kit some 10 years ago. Wonder if she ever opened the set... Roll Eyes

0-0

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
If you can purchase directly from Dell, their Black Friday sale starts at 10:00am Central Time Zone. The Dell XPS 13 & 15 laptops are on the list: https://deals.dell.com/mpp/category/laptops

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post