SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you suck in Seattle, you could be fined $250 - Seattle becomes first major U.S. city to ban straws - Santa Barbara CA ups ante to include jail time
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you suck in Seattle, you could be fined $250 - Seattle becomes first major U.S. city to ban straws - Santa Barbara CA ups ante to include jail time Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The only redeeming things about a total collapse of society is the knowledge that people like this would be killed and eaten fairly quickly.

I am entirely serious when I say that in order to have even a chance of saving modern civilization, we need to- paradoxical as it may be- start hanging people wholesale, who think like this. You want to jail someone and totally fuck up their life because they have an innocuous drinking straw? If you think this way- and especially if you were involved even peripherally with creating these fucking nonsense laws- you should publicly executed. I'd favor hanging. The guillotine is too merciful, as would be shooting them. I guess we could push them in front of moving trains.

All of this is light years beyond stupid. Language- the written word in this instance- is laughably inadequate at describing how stupid and ridiculous this shit is. These people aren't clowns. They are a true danger to the continuity of a civilized existence for Man.

WTF is it with Santa Barbara in particular? What's the source of their drinking water? An abandoned lead mine?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Now that's funny, and sadly so true.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seattle.......may you reap what you sow.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum

WTF is it with Santa Barbara in particular? What's the source of their drinking water? An abandoned lead mine?

Let me see if I can answer this succinctly. The weather, topography,and general natural beauty of the area has caused the real estate to become some of the most expensive in the country. Movie stars, moguls, and the usual assortment of very wealthy have come to inhabit the area. The other inhabitants are the very poor, who live in overly crowded, slum lord conditions. As a result, the city has a tremendous dichotomy of citizens. Only the former are politically active, with the latter being the typical undocumented (read illegal) alien. So those behind walls make the rules that impact those that serve them. On the bright side, Santa Barbara is home to some really good Mexican food...

Ignem Feram

Posts: 544 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Suppose I need a straw because I have hands in casts....or arthritis so bad I can't bend my fingers...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is it illegal for a non-employee to hand out straws? Could I buy a bunch and go from restaurant to restaurant giving them away like some sort of straw Zorro? I can even leave some on an empty table to form the letter "Z" (although I suppose "S" would be better but then I would be a 'Straw Man' and that's already illegal Wink )

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Is it illegal for a non-employee to hand out straws? Could I buy a bunch and go from restaurant to restaurant giving them away like some sort of straw Zorro? I can even leave some on an empty table to form the letter "Z" (although I suppose "S" would be better but then I would be a 'Straw Man' and that's already illegal Wink )

Gives new meaning to the phrase straw man purchase.

Posts: 13128 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Suppose I need a straw because I have hands in casts....or arthritis so bad I can't bend my fingers...

All these places banned from handing out plastic straws will likely start using paper straws, which frankly suck. My wife's restaurant went to paper straws for a short while, but everyone hated them so much that they are now back to using plastic straws.

But anyway, you'll still get a straw most likely...but a tree will have to die.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

All these places banned from handing out plastic straws will likely start using paper straws, which frankly suck. My wife's restaurant went to paper straws for a short while, but everyone hated them so much that they are now back to using plastic straws.

But anyway, you'll still get a straw most likely...but a tree will have to die.

You want to really throw them for a loop?

What if a disabled transexual female illegal alien who just had an abortion while wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt was caught using a straw??

Jail or keys to the city?

Warn your kids because soon the only straws available will be from dark, dirty back alleys. No more safe alternatives to purchase clean straws.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post