SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The VA has summoned me. What should I expect?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The VA has summoned me. What should I expect? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys, folks. It turned into a 3-hr round trip for nothing. 0/3 docs decided to come to work today.

“Would you like to reschedule?”

“Why? The doc couldn’t keep this appointment.”

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Group W bench.

Hope your out by Thanksgiving...

The lab didn’t even want their 27 8x10 color pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back describing each one. Wink

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Good thing.

Imagine trying to explain the 90/270 final even with the photographs and a blank 12 hour stare while calling "COMPLETE!" to the Before Landing CL and hoping Load wakes up and calls out "COMPLETE!" before initiating another go around...

You'd never get off the Group W bench.

Big Grin

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43906 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that enrollment in VA medical care will be dropped if the veteran has not been seen for more than a year.

Easy enough to make an appointment for annual check-up, go in for the exam and lab work. If you use any prescription medications you can have your prescription renewed, which is a great benefit all by itself (3-month supplies mailed to my house, telephone renewals, and depending on your VA classification there will be either no co-pay or a very minimal co-pay). Biggest reason I enrolled at age 52 was for the prescription benefit, which regularly saves me $150 per month or more.

Then you get to be older and need introductions to the world of colonoscopy, arthritis treatment, orthopedic surgery, cancer, neuropathy, and other delightful experiences!

I once checked into a civilian hospital on an emergency basis, presenting only my VA benefits card, spent 3 nights there. VA picked up the entire tab, my out-of-pocket cost was ZERO.

Enrollment standards change from year to year, Congress to Congress. Allowing your enrollment to lapse may be placing you in the position of being disqualified under future standards.

Recommend that you get in for that annual physical and keep your enrollment current.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
Thanks for the replys, folks. It turned into a 3-hr round trip for nothing. 0/3 docs decided to come to work today.

“Would you like to reschedule?”

“Why? The doc couldn’t keep this appointment.”

In my opinion, you should make a formal complaint. VA facilities that are behind the curve should be spanked. For many vets, it is the only place available for health care. If a private practice doctor did that he would not be in private practice very long.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post