SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buy a home in Sardinia for $1.25
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buy a home in Sardinia for $1.25 Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
does it come with a Sophia?

Posts: 23708 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I think the idea of hard work is lost on many young folks today, so it seem like a lot. But I bet most could be done by hand for much cheaper than 30,000

If you've done any building or remodeling of late, you'd be quite surprised at how fast $30K adds up.

Any more, $30K is just a good start.

Posts: 20184 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spain

Too many Spaniards there...

Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'm considering offering a karma of sufficient funds to purchase one of these homes. The lucky winner will have to pay for the renovations himself, though.

Posts: 27016 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Googled "Ollolai" and pulled up the map. The Google car was there, so if you want to "drive" around and check out the town, you can. Looks like a nice place. Beats the heck out of Delaware.

Posts: 159 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lived in Italy for three years.
Thanks to Uncle Sam.
The Italians treated me ( an ignorant American)
very well.
I would go back in a second.
And my Italian GF was molto bene!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16178 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If it was such a great deal, why aren't the Italians jumping on it?

There are similar programs here in the United States. I believe Detroit has a similar program. The problem is after fixing the house up, it still isn't worth anything because of it's location.

Posts: 11137 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
IF I was within a year of retirement, I'd sell my place here in Arizona, pack up my belongings and pick up two or three of those places.

What an awesome retirement place that would be, and I've always wanted to spend time there.

The culture shock of going from an LA/Vegas environment to that part of the world would be so welcome.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53333 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Most are only shells really, basicall four stone walls in various conditions.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7640 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
What if I buy one and just stay here?
How does Italy plan on forcing me to do anything while I wait a few decades for land values to rise?

I know it's overly simplistic, but still seems like a good question.

Posts: 7497 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
How fast is the internet service there?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19779 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know. Seems like a "high density" type of housing.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found a listing of the ones that are for sale?

Posts: 21339 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.ollolai.com/
It's slow as heck. Don't know if it's on my side.

Click on Immagini (Gallery). It's slow.

Or, Meteo e Webcam in diretta for a view of Town Hall.

Case a 1 Euro - Documentazione e Modulistica provides the rules. Also have to buy a 1,000 bond to warrant renovations within the three (3) year period.

It sounds and looks like any small town or village. A foreigner moving in would probably raise no eyebrows. Roll Eyes

But if you want to withdraw in relative obscurity and a calmer setting, there are much more worse places to do so. Plus, it's Sardinia,man!

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I see 4 houses listed, all built between 1900 and 1939.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Negative population growth. The Italian population is not producing enough babies to replace the dying elderly. However, the African/Muslim immigrants are producing like rabbits and are expected to outnumber the Italians in a few generations.

Additionally, the job market is so poor that young Italians with an education head for more prosperous countries in the EU.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
I think the idea of hard work is lost on many young folks today, so it seem like a lot. But I bet most could be done by hand for much cheaper than 30,000

If you've done any building or remodeling of late, you'd be quite surprised at how fast $30K adds up.

But thats building up to Us codes, and using contractors. I'm going off of EU codes, which I would assume are shittier, its the EU, and you are bulding it yourself. Like a weekend project. That you live in.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I bet there's a VAT on everything you'd need to buy that make the sales taxes we pay here look like chump change.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

But thats building up to Us codes, and using contractors. I'm going off of EU codes, which I would assume are shittier, its the EU, and you are bulding it yourself. Like a weekend project. That you live in.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real property taxes are not particularly high but more like low end.

However, if someone is planning on renovation, and not restoration(especially if a ruin), the need for a reputable geometra is front and center. https://www.justlanded.com/eng...novation-Restoration

Four walls without a roof can signify a complete rebuild. Might be better off buying a restored property.

Picture of Trooperdan
posted Hide Post
What are the gun laws there? That could be a deal-stopper for most of us.

Posts: 946 | Location: Raeford NC | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post