SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man admits to bank robbery killings, says he ‘was desperate’ says FBI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man admits to bank robbery killings, says he ‘was desperate’ says FBI Login/Join 
Picture of callibird
posted
So glad they caught this piece of shit...

Article Link

Man admits to bank robbery killings, says he ‘was desperate’ says FBI
By WSPA Staff
Published: August 24, 2017, 5:00 pm

CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) – Court documents reveal Brandon Michael Council, the North Carolina man accused of having killed two women during a South Carolina bank robbery, admitted to the killings.

In an affidavit in support of a criminal complaint, an FBI agent lays out how authorities believe the bank robbery happened and what he said after he was captured.

Council was then captured on surveillance video entering CresCom bank, located at 1230 16th Ave. in Conway, according to the FBI.

Bank video shows Council approach a teller and speak with her briefly. “Council then pulls a firearm, points it at the teller and shoots her multiple times,” court documents state. “Council then jumps over the teller counter. Council is also captured locating a second female employee of the bank who was hiding underneath a desk. Upon finding her, the video captured Council shooting the employee multiple times as she attempts to hide under the desk.”

“Bank audits showed a loss amount of $15,294,” documents state.

Just seven minutes after Council is seen on bank surveillance video, he goes to the Conway Express Inn in one of the victims’ cars. He can be see leaving the driver side door open, grabbing luggage from room 110, throwing it in the trunk of the car and driving away, the affidavit describes.

On Wednesday, Council was spotted leaving a motel parking lot in Greenville, North Carolina. Officers responded to Council’s location, and Council was taken into custody after a short chase, documents report.

Council waived his rights and agreed to talk with investigators.

Council confessed to the CresCom bank robbery, court documents state. “Council further admitted to shooting both bank employees during the course of the robbery. Council told agents that he was desperate, he needed money and that he knew he was going to shoot someone.”

The FBI agent state in the affidavit that Council said he “knew that he was going to hurt somebody that day.” He admitted to authorities that he watched the movie Get Rich or Die Trying. Then he told investigators “he did not deserve to live,” according to the documents.

Council is also a suspect in a bank robbery in Wilson, North Carolina. Council was identified as the prime suspect in the robbery of the BB&T bank located on South Tarboro Street in Wilson on Aug. 11.

“A review of Council’s criminal record shows that on March 16, 2011, Council was convicted in North Carolina for ‘habitual felon’ and ‘larceny great than $1,000.’” His probation for the 2011 charges ended 11 days prior to the BB&T bank robbery in Wilson.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
“A review of Council’s criminal record shows that on March 16, 2011, Council was convicted in North Carolina for ‘habitual felon’ and ‘larceny great than $1,000.’” His probation for the 2011 charges ended 11 days prior to the BB&T bank robbery in Wilson.

Being convicted as a 'habitual felon' and receiving probation for same should be mutually exclusive in any right-thinking justice system.

Posts: 7317 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Look at their pictures.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Look at their pictures.

I'm just shocked. Imagine a role reversal and the outcry that would ensue.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Two women dead for a measly 15k that he could have taken without shooting them? Mad

Hope SC puts this trash on the express train to the death chamber.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
It's disgusting that the media and certain others preach non-resistance. If you don't resist, you will survive.
These ladies are also victims of those teachings.

Not that they could have done something about it but I'm sure they were taught to appease and were promised the felon would suddenly show rational thought and provide mercy.

Heart breaking anyway you see it.

Posts: 7364 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
As he waiting at the gallows, he'll feel a different sort of desperate.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a rope. It's not for me to forgive. A public hanging would do wonders to put an end to these outrages. If not at least there'd be no repeat offenders.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13404 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:

Being convicted as a 'habitual felon' and receiving probation for same should be mutually exclusive in any right-thinking justice system.

The judge and/or prosecutors who approved that should be available for a lawsuit from the families. Zero accountability. Sure, come election time they could be voted out, but no one will remember, and their replacements will be no better.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then he told investigators “he did not deserve to live,”
I'm usually against giving criminals what they want, but in this case I'm willing to make an exception.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
That shit just wanted to be in prison for the rest of his life.

I hope it is a short one.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
If the girl hiding under the desk had had a gun she could have shot him in the face at short range. How does disarming her, make her safer? Being disarmed didn't keep either of these young women safe.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

The judge and/or prosecutors who approved that should be available for a lawsuit from the families. Zero accountability. Sure, come election time they could be voted out, but no one will remember, and their replacements will be no better.

They won't be.
Trust me.
It's a racket here in the 7th District

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post