SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Wikipedia is not for sale"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Wikipedia is not for sale" Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
The card game??
I'm sorry, Marjorie Taylor Greene. a congresswoman from GA known for being a little … brash.

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
The card game??
I'm sorry, Marjorie Taylor Greene. a congresswoman from GA known for being a little … brash.
Ah, thanks. Haha

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Isn’t the content of Wikipedia created by people who have a bent for doing so? And other people can overwrite each other.

I just use it as an amalgamated source of information. And I don’t rely on it as a primary source.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19688 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Isn’t the content of Wikipedia created by people who have a bent for doing so? And other people can overwrite each other.
In theory, yes. In practice, it’s controlled in a way that certain people are in charge and can block a person from making changes if it doesn’t fit their narrative. As mentioned some are even blocked from updating their own page.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post