SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Palin can now officially be a Knight Who Says "Ni".
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Palin can now officially be a Knight Who Says "Ni". Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Arise, Sir Michael

Monty Python star Michael Palin has been knighted in Britain's New Year's Honours List, alongside former England cricket captain Alastair Cook, while 1960s model Twiggy will become a dame.

Palin's knighthood recognises his contribution to travel, culture and geography as a documentary-maker and author.

He said the news had not sunk in yet but noted "I have been a knight before, in Python films. I have been several knights, including Sir Galahad."

"I don't think it will (sink in) until I see the envelopes addressing me as Sir Michael Palin," said the 75-year-old, who was last in Australia at the beginning of December promoting his latest book Erebus: the story of a ship.

Kinda funny, all those years of comedy, but it is his (admittedly awesome) travel documentaries that earned him a knighthood.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AllenInAR,

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on! Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer! He'll do you up a treat, mate. I'm warning you! He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!!

I warned you! I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31463 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
'Ere, 'ere, now... Let's not have all this bickering over who killed who

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10709 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
NU!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29720 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
We want.... A shrubbery.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Kuh...kuh...kuh...kuh...kuh...Ken.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3455 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.

Don't ask or tell, the rule for today...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31463 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
... 1960s model Twiggy will become a dame.

Fooled me. I thought she'd always been a dame.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
A broad, maybe not so much.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
A broad, maybe not so much.

True

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post