This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5170017734

February 13, 2018, 08:00 PM
Kevbo
Chicago Police Officer shot and killed
Well done, be thou at peace

Thoughts and prayers to his family, both by blood and by blue

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?
February 13, 2018, 08:03 PM
Valpo Fz
Saw this on the news this evening. Sorry for your loss guys.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS
February 13, 2018, 08:58 PM
TMats
Very sorry Klusk. Especially sorry for family of Commander Bauer.

February 13, 2018, 09:01 PM
FN in MT
Klusk2,

So Sorry for Your loss.
February 13, 2018, 09:07 PM
FiveFiveSixFan
I'm very sorry to read this. He sounded like a good man and a great boss. RIP.
February 13, 2018, 09:09 PM
sig 226
RIP Bother..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
February 13, 2018, 09:10 PM
Warhorse
RIP Frown

February 13, 2018, 09:22 PM
qcsmitty
RIP, Commander Bauer.
Condolences to his family, friends and those who worked with and under him.

February 13, 2018, 09:24 PM
Bulldog7972
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
RIP Commander Bauer. Judging from the comments above, I wonder if he was too kind and trusting. Perp got off multiple rounds, perhaps 5 from what a bystander stated.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20180213-story.html

Don't speculate or rely on what the news media said. Commander Bauer went down fighting with this thug in a manner that will make even the most harshest Police critic proud. He performed like a true warrior and we all should be proud. Sometimes a guy goes up the chain of Command and never stops being the Police no matter how many stars he has on his collar. Commander Bauer was one of them. He was NOT your typical Police executive. A while back he became quite vocal about the "catch and release" method of criminal justice in Chicago. He never stopped fighting the good fight or doing what's best for the citizens of Chicago and the men and women in his Command. He was a true gem.
February 13, 2018, 10:43 PM
TKO
Damn. I'm sorry to hear guys. Take care of each other.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
February 13, 2018, 10:53 PM
chongosuerte
Damn guys. Thinking of you Frown

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
February 13, 2018, 10:56 PM
slosig
That sucks! RIP Commander Bauer. Deepest condolences to his family at home and his family on the job.
February 14, 2018, 07:34 AM
Klusk2
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
RIP Commander Bauer. Judging from the comments above, I wonder if he was too kind and trusting. Perp got off multiple rounds, perhaps 5 from what a bystander stated.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20180213-story.html

Don't speculate or rely on what the news media said. Commander Bauer went down fighting with this thug in a manner that will make even the most harshest Police critic proud. He performed like a true warrior and we all should be proud. Sometimes a guy goes up the chain of Command and never stops being the Police no matter how many stars he has on his collar. Commander Bauer was one of them. He was NOT your typical Police executive. A while back he became quite vocal about the "catch and release" method of criminal justice in Chicago. He never stopped fighting the good fight or doing what's best for the citizens of Chicago and the men and women in his Command. He was a true gem.

This +1.

Over the last tree years, I came to know more about the man. He was indeed a rare guy. Vocal about crime, but had a real concern about the men and women of this job, and the people in the community. He was a true gentleman.

I always felt as if I was working "with" him and not "for" him. There were many times I was on a high risk stop or job, and who'd I see backing me up, Paul Bauer. He wasn't there to critique, supervise or check up on us, he was there as a man, a fellow officer. I can count on one hand, possibly two, all the people I've had in my lifetime that have earned my respect. He was at the top of my list. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't give that praise out lightly. I am old school through and through. Respect is earned and not merely given. I can honestly say that we have lost a great man and fellow officer.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."
February 17, 2018, 08:24 AM
striker1
Live feed of Cmdr. Paul Bauer’s funeral and the procession following will start at 10am central

nbcchicago.com

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

February 17, 2018, 02:27 PM
flashguy
RIP, sir. Prayers for those who knew you.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
February 17, 2018, 02:43 PM
armored
RIP sir.
Thank you for your service.
Prayers for your family, loved ones, and friends.
February 17, 2018, 03:39 PM
18DAI
Prayers sent for the Commander, his family and those who served with him. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change
February 17, 2018, 03:47 PM
gearhounds
RIP brother

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
February 17, 2018, 09:57 PM
Gunfan
My condolences to family and friends.
February 18, 2018, 02:36 PM
motor59
RIP, sir.
Klusk, Bulldog, CPD SIG and others who worked with the man, deepest condolences.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re