SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are the odds that the Post Office knows where my letter is? (Update, Second Envelope likely lost)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the odds that the Post Office knows where my letter is? (Update, Second Envelope likely lost) Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
Is it really going to the destination now?

What are the odds that it will get to it’s destination?

Starting to think they are faking the updates.

There have been more updates which get deleted.
The “In Transit to Next Facility” has been posted and deleted several times.
This apparently is what they use when they have no clue of where the package is.

And how can it Arrive without Departing the previous location?
Depart —> Arrive —> Arrive —> Depart —> Arrive —> Arrive —> Depart

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its been cruising around for nearly a month? Insane!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16133 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
1. They have no clue.
2. They don’t care.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I had a UPS overnight package in the ozone for 92 days; they finally found it and delivered it w/o an explanation of where the f^*k it had been for 3 months.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
After over an hour on the phone, on hold.

What’s up with that?
How about “All operators are busy, leave a number and we will call you back”.

Talking to someone now waiting on someone else to finish talking to another U.S. Postal Customer.

Seems only some of the customer service operators can pull up an image of the item.

Well it was an envelope and not actually a package so there is no image.

If the machine gets confused it puts another barcode on the item.
The letter most likely has multiple barcodes obscuring other barcodes.

So it appears there was dirt on the lens of the barcode reader or somehow the barcode is partially hidden.

When the U.S. Postal System barcode reader marks a letter as having passed through, it does not record where it is going to. The reader only annotates that it has passed that location.

There is no way of knowing where the letter is headed next.

That was the resolution from the U.S. Postal Service.

$13.65 for 2-Day, Certified, Return Receipt.
Had not expected it to take nearly a month and still not leave the state.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After over an hour on the phone, on hold.

What’s up with that?

Dude. Where you been?? Do you expect them to ever answer? You are not that important.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
1. They have no clue.
2. They don’t care.

I really goes in the opposite order - they don't care, ergo they have no clue.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
That was the resolution from the U.S. Postal Service.

Summary of call:

1. They have no clue.
2. They don't care.

Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. They have no clue.
2. They don’t care.

I don't think you have those in the correct order. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14043 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. They have no clue.
2. They don’t care.

3. All of the above

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's really just #2. They got paid, so they're happy.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18028 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They barely have time to read your mail...much less deliver it.

Posts: 26955 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
It's really just #2. They got paid, so they're happy.
Yup, suckling on the teet.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
They barely have time to read your mail...much less deliver it.

My postal worker sits underneath a tree down the street everyday for 2 hours, I guess she has time to read some peoples mail! heheheehee

But, this is the reason I NEVER use the USPS to ship a package. They have enough trouble with my regular envelopes.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Mailed Aug. 19th.
Last scanned leaving Raleigh, NC on Sept. 14th.
Today is Sept. 20th “In Transit to Next Facility” would love to know were the “Next Facility” is.
It would seem to me that the Unites States Postal Service must have lost my envelope.

Let’s send another envelope.
What are the odds that the USPS would lose a second envelope?

Made it to Las Vegas, now it just needs to get from the Las Vegas Distribution Center to a Las Vegas Post Office.
Made it from NC to Las Vegas in one day, that was a good start.

Last scanned Sept. 17th.
Been three days going from the Las Vegas Distribution Center to Las Vegas Post Office.

Guess the odds were pretty good.
Seems to me the United States Postal Service has likely lost my second envelope.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are still waiting for our Anniversary Card from our DIL, showed up twice on "Informed Delivery", never arrived. Our Anniversary was in December.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post