SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Major 2017 Tax Changes were in my last software update. If you have already filed check your return.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major 2017 Tax Changes were in my last software update. If you have already filed check your return. Login/Join 
posted
A heads up to those who have already filed. If you had dependents in college or mortgage insurance on Disclosure/Settlement statements or PMI you may be affected. Congress made significant changes to the law week ago Friday & IRS just released the revised forms. My professional software just reprogrammed for it today. You may have to amend your return. As a CPA I was aware of the upcoming change & held affected returns until today. I just checked a return I have held, $1607 in PMI increased the refund by $240.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I live in The hellhole known as NY. I claim 0 for a family of 3 and pay state taxes EVERY Year. I few bucks from the feds will work in my favor.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just used turbo tax online two days ago. When I got to the PMI it said we made too much for the deduction. Do you know if thats still true.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Does it still disappear above a certain AGI? If it does, is there any point in filing an amended return with it included?

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Does it still disappear above a certain AGI? If it does, is there any point in filing an amended return with it included?

I’m curious about this too.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Looks like if AGI is > $109k no joy.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post