SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sneaker color poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sneaker color poll Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
No opinion. This guy appears to prefer white.

flashguy

That’s what new New Balance shoes look like? Eek
Mine look like the “before” version.

I voted Castlerock because it’s got a good beat to dance to. Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of the above. If you go Merrell, go Jungle Moc. I even have a winter pair.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I wear Lugz Drifter LO LX--I have them in Nubuck and Black.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
All the cool kids pick Castlerock.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
LOL! You don't want my opinion. As a runner, I replace my shoes every six months, or 300-500 miles. That's when their "mojo" has gone, and they aren't worth spit.

White shoes??? Bite your tongue. I haven't worn white shoes of ANY sort in nearly 30 years. I'm not in Florida, after all!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Do these sneakers make me look fat??

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chose black but I also wear New Balance so take my opinion with that in mind.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Workout & running shoes I usually trend towards brighter colors. Really depends on the shoe.
That was my original thinking with the orange sole. One more safety measure while bicycling. If knocked off my bike and immobile, hope to lay feet towards oncoming traffic and pray.

The Vibram is very grippy. I once leapt forward 6' on a single foot from a standard slow city walk and caught a lady as she tripped on a sidewalk crack. Jumped & landed surefooted. Kept her from going face-first into the concrete. Turned her perpetual pickle frown into a big smile. But alas, her smooth-elbowed daughter, closer to my age, was unimpressed. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For everyday wear, I go with something subdued and neutral.
I buy my running shoes in colors I typically wouldn't wear so that I am not tempted to wear them as everyday shoes. I get more running life out of them if I only wear them to run.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
LOL! You don't want my opinion. As a runner, I replace my shoes every six months, or 300-500 miles. That's when their "mojo" has gone, and they aren't worth spit.

White shoes??? Bite your tongue. I haven't worn white shoes of ANY sort in nearly 30 years. I'm not in Florida, after all!

Good shoes are needed for outrunning the hood rats in Northern VA. Your mileage may vary. Wink

I like my Rockports for better grip.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run in the dark so I usually go white or something that reflects.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Castlerock. Flame second.

How did you get a set of sneakers to last for 10 years?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
How did you get a set of sneakers to last for 10 years?
Good question. When I got them, it was to have "a pair of sneakers" and also to use proffered an REI Dividend points. They were only worn to/at the YMCA.

This model sneaker, discontinued in 2012, never had a huge amount of springy support; it was made for a paved running track, I remember the REI guru telling me. On gravel trail, you can feel the stone. And at this point, they seem to have lost their expansion properties.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Go with the olive. Shoes do wear out long before they fall apart.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post