SIGforum
Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
September 29, 2026, 04:04 PM
dsietsDicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
I went into one yrs ago to get my nephew a Leatherman that he wanted.
They were all secured to the rack so I couldn't take it to the counter.
I went up and down the aisle, looking both ways at the ends for a bit for someone to help me move this item to the purchasing area.
No help arrived.
I left.
September 29, 2026, 06:14 PM
selogicI don't know how they stay in business . Bougie sportswear and golf clubs .....
September 29, 2026, 06:57 PM
Z06Well, their name says it all.
________________________________________________________
The trouble with trouble is; it always starts out as fun.
September 30, 2026, 06:30 AM
4MUL8RIn the tony Short Pump area, the Dick's at the mall is routinely the site of shoplifting resulting in police arrests. The onsite mall officer responds, as does another patrol officer. Almost daily.
When your store design has a door on the outer perimeter of the mall, next to the escape road surrounding the mall, what do you expect?
-------
Trying to simplify my life...
September 30, 2026, 07:50 AM
GraniteguyYes, lot's of shrinkage at Dick's......

September 30, 2026, 10:50 AM
corsairquote:
Originally posted by selogic:
I don't know how they stay in business . Bougie sportswear and golf clubs .....
They are far, far from any 'bougie' sportswear as all of their apparel is basic collection styles or special make items to hit price-points, perfect for the unknowing mom to go pick-up kids items and a pair of leggings for her.
Athleisure/gym apparel trends and footwear power their revenue. They bought Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith during the Tiger Woods-craze twenty-odd years ago and are the biggest golf retailer in the country.
September 30, 2026, 11:26 AM
chellim1Dick's was a pretty cool store when I first encountered one in the early 1990's.
My wife is from Ellicott City, Maryland and there was one not far from her parents house in Columbia, Maryland. It was sort of a warehouse style store without fancy displays. They had some great sales after Christmas and I liked to go there during the holidays aftermath while we visited our Maryland family members.
Dick's operated primarily throughout the Eastern United States until 2009 and has since expanded across the country. By the time they made it to St. Louis it was a completely different kind of place. I went in the St. Louis location not far from my house when it opened, had a look around, and haven't been back since.
"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown
"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor September 30, 2026, 12:29 PM
tatortoddquote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The only one I'm aware of is attached to the local mall.
I think I've been in once, wasn't overly impressed.
As Tailhook posted above, I'd rather go to Academy.
^^ THIS ^^
Literally, a turn left and shop at a anti-2A sporting goods store or turn right and shop at sporting goods store with a decent selection and prices on both guns & ammo. Pretty easy decision to go to Academy every time.
Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity
DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer. September 30, 2026, 02:49 PM
straightshooter01quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Yes, lot's of shrinkage at Dick's......
Especially in the winter I hear
September 30, 2026, 03:07 PM
egregoreI've probably already posted this, but the local one has had
no firearms or ammo for close to a decade. Which is also the age of this thread.

September 30, 2026, 06:22 PM
229DAKDick's ain't dead, yet (unfortunately). They are putting a new one here in Virginia, in Tysons Corner. It will be where Hecht's used to be in the Tysons 1 mall.
_________________________________________________________________________
“A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.”
-- Mark Twain, 1902
September 30, 2026, 08:50 PM
ruger357quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
There is a local Dicks. Never been to it. And had no interest in even checking it out once they announced their attitudes.
I still don't know what it looks like inside and what they sell.
??
-----------------------------------------
Roll Tide!
Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
September 30, 2026, 08:56 PM
tatortoddquote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Dick's ain't dead, yet (unfortunately). They are putting a new one here in Virginia, in Tysons Corner. It will be where Hecht's used to be in the Tysons 1 mall.
Unfortunately, their stock price has approx quadrupled since this thread started in Feb 2018.
Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity
DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.