SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HVAC question: Are there specific clips for mounting a vent cover to a drop ceiling?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HVAC question: Are there specific clips for mounting a vent cover to a drop ceiling? Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I've got a vent cover that fell off at my ex-wife's business. It looks like they just screwed it into the ceiling tile, which obviously wouldn't hold. I can back it with some wood or something but I'm guessing there may be some sort of clip or something for this. I'd guess that if the duct was cut correctly the vent cover would screw into the duct. But the hole is bigger than the vent cover.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the grill round or square/rectangle?

They have 2x2 grills for drop ceilings.

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
It's a square. I guess it's likely 2X2. I'll look for that.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was referring to the shape of the supply register.
For the round diffusers, you can get a ring to go on the back side to secure the grill. However, the ceiling tile will bow over time due to the weight of the fixture.

Using the 2x2 grills are the way to go.
https://www.google.com/shoppin...YKHUP2AHMQ8wII6gIwBA

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post