SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    my how times have changed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my how times have changed Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
On Saturdays, 2 of my cousins and I would walk about a mile to the Mercury Theater for the matinee. For a quarter we were entertained for about 4 hours--2 features, serial, and cartoons. Our extended family in Detroit was close, and those 2 cousins were like sisters to me.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when our phone number was only 4 digits, used to remember the # but not anymore. Started as a plumber for my father at 12 years old for .25 per hour, not really a plumber but a go-fer Razz 52 years ago!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
McDonald's:

Pure Beef Hamburger...15¢
Golden French Fries...10¢
Triple-Thick Shake...20¢

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Reeses in the waxy paper wrapper and the crunchy version with peanuts chopped up on top.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Having to wait a minute or so for the t.v. to warm up.

Going to the drugstore periodically to test and replace the vacuum tubes.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Reeses in the waxy paper wrapper and the crunchy version with peanuts chopped up on top.

You had me until “crunchy”. Wink

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post