SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    8 Alabama death row inmates ask to be executed by nitrogen gas
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 Alabama death row inmates ask to be executed by nitrogen gas Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Nitrogen execution is such an obviously good solution. Humane, 100% effective, easy to obtain. So, of course, the libs don’t like it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...ons.html?nytmobile=0

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The method sounds great to me. Simple and effective. The fact that they get 'Narc'd' doesn't really bother me at all.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
An old rope was good enough for Perry and Dick!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A rope is best becasue it's cheap and recyclable. The libs would love it if you told them your death row was going green....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
A rope is best becasue it's cheap and recyclable. <snip>

But likely the victim’s family would ask to have the rope as a souvenir. Great conversation piece.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
Make death row cells air tight and during the night run a hose from the exhaust pipe of a car. He won't know he's dead until he gets to hell.

What a helluva way to wake up. "Another great new day to rape and pillage..., uh, wait a minute..."

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
SCOTUS allows Alabama death row inmate to sue to die by nitrogen gas

Finally. Nitrogen gas makes so much sense. I can’t understand why anyone would oppose it.

“The Supreme Court has sided with an Alabama death row inmate who wants to be put to death by nitrogen gas after his lethal injection attempt was called off due to a faulty IV.

The justices turned away an appeal by Alabama officials of a lower court's decision to revive Kenneth Smith's lawsuit seeking to block the state from putting him to death through lethal injection.

Smith instead is seeking to be executed using Nitrogen gas. Conservative Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito dissented from the decision to allow Smith's challenge to proceed. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12087059

Serious about crackers

Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Why not a couple fentanyl pills? I don’t get what’s so complicated about this whole death penalty issue, really.

Lots of people overdose on fentanyl accidentally every single day. Why not make it an intentional act for these bastards?

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Just wait for the pro life do gooders who will get involved and file legal law suits to block the use of the death penality for whatever their wacko reasons may be ............. reinstate the death penality in all states for approperate crimes and carry out them out fairly swiftly and do away with these convicts laying around on the backsides for up to several decades if not longer before the sentence is actually carried out. even if it is carried out.... maybe if the death penality was widely known to be actually carried swiftly and without delay might be a possible deterant... either way if it is on the books then use it. No matter the method. ........................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Lethal injection appears to be a little problematic. I know a member(s) here have suggested using Nitrogen for quite some time. Seems like a good, cheap, and foolproof way to do it.

Yes it is. Asphyxiation by several inert gasses are considered completely painless. Carbon monoxide, nitrogen, helium, etc. You breathe it in, feel tired, fall asleep, and don't wake up.

Bag on head with an inert gas = a done deal. Hell, just buy a scuba mask and a tank of nitrogen. Hook it up, turn the knob, and wait a couple of minutes. No idea why they are wasting millions on all this lethal injection BS and supply issues.

Posts: 434 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Give 'em helium instead and they can all go out sounding like Alvin's chipmunks.

Maybe do a triple execution where they can, I don’t know, sing the refrain from “The Camptown Races” til they fade out…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Death penalty should be by the least expensive means possible.

I just bought some .22lr for 1.5 cents a round. I'd donate 3 rounds per for the 8 condemned... What is that .36 cents? SOLD!

A bullet or a rope. Don't care which one.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Firing squad. Hell…I’ll supply the 5.56mm ammo, for cryin’ out loud.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
So many options! How about feeding them to the lions, save the zoo some money? Or. perhaps, let them fight to the death, hey, if it was good enough for the Romans...

Bottom line: convicted murderers should feel at least as much pain and suffering as their victims did. Amputation (while conscious) of arms, legs, and genitals, throw the carcass in a box for a few months. If there's anything left, then go the Fentanyl, Nitrogen, cinder block in the river route.

Madame Guillotine to the white courtesy phone, please.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More delaying tactics . Anything they can do to muddy the waters .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Amazing the left puts up such a fight over the death penalty while simultaneously demanding the right to murder their innocent unborn children up to and after birth.

I’m all for nitrogen, fentanyl, heroin, or whatever method.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Amazing the left puts up such a fight over the death penalty while simultaneously demanding the right to murder their innocent unborn children up to and after birth.
It's not amazing at all . Both of them are political in nature and one has nothing to do with the other .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Since when do death row inmates get to direct their method of execution ? And what the hell is wrong with the injection veterinarians use to euthanize sick pets ? That stuff is super quick and sure (as far as I can guess).

When an inmate challenges a method of execution as "cruel and unseal" they are required to identify an acceptable alternative.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too vote for firing squad.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post