SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
Just like the title says, what members would you treat to dinner if you could, and why.

I'll go first.

Parabellum. The man must have Eleventy Bazillion fascinating stories to tell. I'd also like to see what 20 years of running this asylum does to a person. Razz Big Grin

12131. What strange confluence of events conspired together to create a man as generous as he is? There has to be more to the story than just what we see on the surface.

David Truong. I've never dealt with such a professional business man. His unwavering respect, even for those who don't seem to respect him, is unheard of in the world today.

So how about you? Who would you treat to dinner if you could, and why?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
There are probably a billion combinations of members here that would make for some terrific company.

I'll try not to repeat your choices.

JAllen comes to mind. RIP Sir.

SigMonkey also seems a thoughtful and interesting person who would make the time pass quickly.

TacFoley is another person who seems to have a lifetime of interesting stories to share.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
Easy. Three meals with Bendable or one meal with all three of him.

Posts: 286 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Easy. Bob, Dick and Joe.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Para so I could buy him dinner as thanks for running this place.

JALLEN for obvious reasons.

PHPaul because he’s my crabby older brother from another alien pod. Big Grin

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
12131, Davey T, and SIGmonkey. If one of them had plans I'd see if chellim was free.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Budlum:
Easy. Three meals with Bendable or one meal with all three of him.

WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Bendable was the first member that popped in my mind. I couldn't have stated better than budlum did.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Para, 12131 and Bruce Gray.

I could learn a lot.

By the way, what a great question!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Tough choice.

With one or two exceptions, I think lunch with pretty much anybody that posts regularly would be a worthwhile experience.

If I were to meet up with Sigmonkey, Jim Shugart and Bendable we would probably wind up getting banned from McDonalds...

Leemur goes without saying. Brothers from different Mothers...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Skins2881, Jimmy 123X and ...SNSGuppy.

I would need a congenial host, to handle the dinner details and bar.

I would be too absorbed in the stories and advice.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I think I would enjoy dinner with pretty much anyone that's a member here.
No doubt we would have a lot in common.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Too many to chose. That being said, the meal protection would be epic.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
JAllen and Horse and their brides.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Two immediately came to mind, Para and Dave Truong for reasons already mentioned. Bruce Gray, JLJones and Chris Orndorff are tied for their skills, knowledge and the advice they have given.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
AirSoftGuy, JHE888, and SIGmonkey.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
MRMN50, Kimberkid, and JoshNC if I can only pick 3. There are quite a few others I’d like to meet and shoot with...

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I think I might need to rent a banquet hall.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Tac - if nothing else because he’s a fellow subject of HRM QEII, and a pretty smart guy to boot.

Para, just because I have no clue of who he is.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
AirSoftGuy, JHE888, and SIGmonkey.

Yeah, I would have chosen those three as well. But somehow I feel I would wake up the next morning naked, alone in the woods, smothered in peanut butter, and wondering why I was wearing a train conductors hat and ball gag, all with no memory of what happened the night before.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post