SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watching my first NFL game of the year.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching my first NFL game of the year. Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
I have mostly given up on the NFL. But, as a ‘Skins fan dating back to the seventies, I had to give today’s matchup against Dallas a chance. First Redskins game I’ve viewed in more than a year.

Up until a few minutes ago I had no idea where any team stood. I’ll probably leave it on unless the end zone sideshows get out of hand.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
the NFL...

Who?

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Only down by three. Let's go Skins!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
First one I’ve seen all year as well. I’m only “watching” because I’m at a relatives house for thanksgiving dinner and they have it on. Personally, I’ve given up on watching the NFL.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
First one I’ve seen all year as well. I’m only “watching” because I’m at a relatives house for thanksgiving dinner and they have it on. Personally, I’ve given up on watching the NFL.

Same here.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
That makes three of us. Was a long time Cowboy fan up until the disrespect began. First game I've watched in a couple of years.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Watched the first 10 minutes of Bears-Lions before our hosts called us to the table. That's been all for the whole season.

On the other hand, Atletico Madrid-Barcelona on Saturday afternoon? I'll be glued to my seat.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
First game for me in several years as well...but as I don't have a TV at home I've got the game on the radio...only because I am an old Skins fan and old habits die hard and Cowboys and Redskins fans know our rivalry is an old time-honored tradition.

But I'm not going to let the Redskin's loss affect the spirit of the day.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
the NFL...

Who?

Never gets old. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SCREW the NFL and their players. Until ALL the players stand for the national anthem, I will not watch them 1 second. Additionally, the NFL players that may be patriotic, when are they going to speak up and out about the thugs that insist on kneeling? Again, SCREW the NFL and all of ilk associated with them.....Good Riddance to garbage.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was a Skins fan from early 70’s myself

I started to turn my back on them after Snider stole the team away from the Cook family. Snyder is a telemarketing, phone number selling dueche. Finally cut them loose about 7 yrs ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The Skins game was on at my brothers house for thanksgiving dinner; I had no interest in watching any of it, despite being a long time fan since the mid 70’s. The nfl is dead to me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
The Rams leading St Louis on for over a year about possibly staying until their owner said St Louisans were a bunch of mouth breathing Wal-Mart .22 Neckbearders and cut a deal with the NFL for LA burned me from the NFL long before Flaggate. Haven't watched a game in years, hasn't affected me at all.

Posts: 2522 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Only down by three. Let's go Skins!

Fudge. They got sloppy in the second half....

My Cowboys-fan neighbor's gonna give me a pile of flak...

God bless America.

Posts: 13507 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I haven’t watched a single game all year, but then again I am not a huge sports fan. I will watch certain games, but have made more of an effort to not watch any due to all the NFL B.S. I can’t blame ya’ for watching a game on Thanksgiving.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I watched 5 minutes in the entire 2017 seaon, and had not watched a single second this season. However, today I had the family hosting Thanksgiving had the Lions game on then the Cowboys game on so I probably saw an hour.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23286 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
What is this NFL thing you speak of...

I have not seen it in a couple years.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Been a couple of years since I've seen a game, and my BIL had it on at his place today. What's up with the end zone celebrations being legal now? IMO that's just more classless stupidity to go along with disrespecting the anthem. I was reminded why I'm not watching the NFL anymore...

Posts: 8590 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Slightly off subject. Yesterday at the Thanksgiving meal the football game came on, as the National Anthem started to play (a gentleman with a trumpet) my granddaughter (4) jumped up and in a loud voice everybody should stand so the whole room stood with our hands over are hearts and covers off. My son must being doing something right. Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Anchor,

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't past the endless mind numbing commercial breaks.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post