SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford Escape are they a good crossover SUV?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford Escape are they a good crossover SUV? Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I drive a 2014, and put about 32,000 miles a year on it. I am at 117,000 miles right now, and the turbo is acting up a little.

Prior to this I drove a 2011, and sold it at 164,000 miles. Aside from normal things like maintenance, brakes and tires, I had to replace the starter.

I have been pretty happy with both. Decent acceleration, all the room I need, and is fun to drive.

I use both for work, and open and close the rear hatch about 20x per day. Had to replace the lift/support struts on both (the 2014 just two weeks ago).

All in all, yes, I would buy another one.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Wow, lot of haters in the group.

We have a 2018 Titanium AWD with 2L engine. Zero problems, extremely capable in the snow and plenty of acceleration.

My only complaint is the mileage, averaging just 21 mpg or so. It is my wife’s car and is mostly around town. Yet to do any long trips in it so hard to say how much better mpg would be on highway.

Plenty room for the two of us and a jumbo Costco load. Family of 5 and a couple dogs? Too small.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10962 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a 2020 Corsair with 7000 miles and love it, plenty of power and I just took it on a 400 mile trip on Sunday and averaged 29 MPG. I know it is pretty low miles but we have not had any warranty issue, rattle or any problem so far. The suspension and brakes are better than my Yukon Denail.

Posts: 428 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
HRK—- I think you’re thinking of lbj.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was crap. Emissions issues ($2.5), Transmission ($3.5K), Brakes had to be overhauled, constant minor problems that needed to be fixed. Yea, it was crap.

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1.5L and 1.6L Ford Escape engines have coolant leak problems. Coolant leaks into the cylinders destroying the engine. There is a technical service bulletin out on it. Ford issued a software update to address the issue.

Nissan CVT transmissions have very poor reliability problems.

Honestly, look at the Kia Sportage to Hyundai Tucson. Both come with standard 5 year 60K mile warranties and for the original owner a 10yr/100K powertrain warranty.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one new back in 2007 and I hated it. I sold it about a year later. It was constantly giving me problems. I have a lot of family and friends who own them, but they got them on the cheap because of having family who work at Ford. After I got it, they all told me I had made a mistake. They were right.
But that was 13 years ago, and I wanted to rant. Check the current online info re: recalls and customer satisfaction, and don't rely on small sample anecdotal response.

Posts: 632 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I had a 2015 AWD with the 2.0L as a work vehicle for about two years when I was with the railroad. Lots of miles and lots of time spent idling, never had any issues to speak of and actually really liked driving it for my uses. On highway trips I could average 23-26 MPG if I kept my foot out of it. Never felt underpowered so long as there were only one or two of us in the vehicle. Heck even pulled a small trailer with it a few times without issue.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
My 2014 Titanium was flawless. The 2.0 motor was fast as hell but when I put my foot into it the mileage suffered.

You can't compare current versions with the former series.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post