SIGforum
jeopardy game

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5080037654

September 23, 2019, 02:00 AM
flesheatingvirus
jeopardy game
Who is Thomas Jefferson?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 23, 2019, 02:13 PM
motor59
Nope, try again.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
September 23, 2019, 04:20 PM
.38supersig
While Edward Hyde would fit if you were to ask about the first world class weirdo, I'll pick my second likely suspect:

Who is Alexander Hamilton?

September 23, 2019, 04:58 PM
zipriderson
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
While Edward Hyde would fit if you were to ask about the first world class weirdo, I'll pick my second likely suspect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoo7z7aZNM
September 24, 2019, 01:00 AM
motor59
quote:

You are correct, sir. The board is yours.

September 24, 2019, 05:37 PM
.38supersig
Neat Stuff!

This item, designed by Lockheed for nuclear submarines, is almost identical to one that was made ~5,000 years ago.

September 25, 2019, 04:27 PM
.38supersig
Lockheed designed the item in question for use in circulating coolant without turbulence.

I don't think they had the same idea around 3,000BC.

September 25, 2019, 04:32 PM
kkina
What is an Archimedes' screw?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 25, 2019, 07:32 PM
.38supersig
Ooo. Close.

It is worth mentioning that Lockheed brought theirs to fruition without knowledge of its predecessor.

It was many years later that one of the engineers was touring the museum and instantly recognized the unknown relic.

September 26, 2019, 05:35 PM
.38supersig
*** beep * beep * beep ***

We would have accepted either a lobed disc or a trilobed disc:

Here it is as being displayed at the first wing of the Egyptian Museum located in Cairo. I don't think they had nuclear submarines back then, but we are also told they didn't have hubs, axles, etc... Confused

September 26, 2019, 05:40 PM
.38supersig
Sales and Promotions

Chick-fil-A celebrates Cow Appreciation Day annually.

The first live cow used on location for Cow Appreciation Day made his appearance a few years back.

We are looking for either the cow's name or the location that he appeared.

September 26, 2019, 06:26 PM
kkina
quote:

We would have accepted either a lobed disc or a trilobed disc:

Here it is as being displayed at the first wing of the Egyptian Museum located in Cairo. I don't think they had nuclear submarines back then, but we are also told they didn't have hubs, axles, etc... Confused

I initially thought the correct answer might be "propeller", but didn't think it was 5,000 years old. I guess they don't know what that disc was, or who could have possibly made it. Ancient advanced civilization or alien visitation time.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 26, 2019, 06:44 PM
.38supersig
^^^ Yeah, I don't know what is more interesting: That it can circulate fluid without turbulence or cavitation, or that it wasn't lost or damaged. For the record, I would have broken it in about 8 minutes. Big Grin

September 27, 2019, 01:10 AM
kkina
quote:
Sales and Promotions

Chick-fil-A celebrates Cow Appreciation Day annually.

The first live cow used on location for Cow Appreciation Day made his appearance a few years back.

We are looking for either the cow's name or the location that he appeared.

Who was Freedom?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 27, 2019, 04:17 PM
.38supersig
This cow was in Athens, Georgia for Cow Appreciation day of 2010 (not sure about Freedom's debut).

September 27, 2019, 05:26 PM
kkina
Who was Freckles, Molly or Cat?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 27, 2019, 07:28 PM
.38supersig

His name was Max. He was a sweet cow. He would escape once a week and find himself in my front yard somehow. It took a while for me to figure out why the bird feeder was empty every morning. A squirrel has nothing on this guy:

The Armed Forces

This sergeant was the heaviest in the U.S. Marine Corps and served during the Korean war. Earning two Purple Hearts, a Good Conduct Medal, a Presidential Unit Citation, a Korean Service Medal, and a United Nations Service Medal.

September 27, 2019, 08:03 PM
motor59
OK, this one I know.

Who was Sgt. Reckless, formerly known as 'Ah Chim Hai'?

September 27, 2019, 08:14 PM
.38supersig
Yes!

I was almost running out of stuff. Reckless was a good story. Another good read is that of Wojtek. Making my questions about a cow, a horse, and a bear.

TBIY

September 27, 2019, 08:51 PM
motor59
US HISTORY

This individual was the first US civilian to fly in space.