SIGforum
Soul Train

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5080019144

May 18, 2018, 11:27 PM
elde
Soul Train
It don't get no better than The Jackson 5 & Cher!

You capped off a great day Para. Just awesome.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
May 19, 2018, 12:32 AM
darthfuster
Funny. I used to watch and then hide in the bathroom and practice my 'moves' in front of the mirror.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
May 19, 2018, 12:52 AM
TexasScrub
Ah yes. I too used to think I had the moves on the dance floor, and thank god everyday that no one had video back in the 70's and 80's.

There was another show that I watched too, Dance Fever with Denny Terrio. I thought if I could imitate him I'd have all the ladies. Never would I have expected that I could be so wrong about that.

May 19, 2018, 02:10 AM
sigmoid
Man, seems like it was another lifetime ago...
I still can’t dance
But I got married and got to use my tongue and hands

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
May 19, 2018, 07:34 AM
VBVAGUY
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
One of the things that really impressed me was how accepted fat black women were and could they ever dance...it was magical.

Yes even calorie efficient black men were also kings of the dance floor as this old video shows and brings back fond memories !!! Enjoy and God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."
May 19, 2018, 09:24 AM
V-Tail

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 19, 2018, 09:28 AM
arfmel
Soul Train is responsible for my exquisite fashion sense and fabulous dance moves in my high school days.
May 19, 2018, 09:29 AM
Warhorse
My father was a racist, and quite perturbed about me listening to "jungle bunny" music back in the day. Roll Eyes

May 19, 2018, 04:22 PM
gjgalligan
Boy, do I feel old.
I see the 70s, 80s, & 90s mentioned. How about the 50 & 60s??
Bandstand started in 52 although I started watching in the late 50s.
By the 70s I was an "adult" working my life away to raise children.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
May 19, 2018, 05:00 PM
Captain Morgan
As a kid I remember watching AB. I didn't watch it religiously though. I always enjoyed listening to Motown and Funk. Just seemed like a lot of fun. Forgot about dancing like that though.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin
May 19, 2018, 06:01 PM
darthfuster
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier