SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A nice heartwarming story about the Police for a change...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A nice heartwarming story about the Police for a change... Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
The lady in the bed is on hospice care in NSW. When she was in her 20s, she was the first female mounted officer in London's Metropolitan Police. She later emigrated to Oz. She expressed a wish to see and smell a horse one more time before she died. NSW Mounties made it happen. Great stuff.

Link

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
There is so much good in the world. The news just won't make the time to cover it usually. Thanks for sharing.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Wow, def a tear jerker but I am so happy it happened for her.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
That was a very warm and thoughtful thing that those Mounties did.

Some people just really, really love horses. My ex-wife is that way and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she had a similar 'last request'.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That's a nice gesture the mounties did.

When I'm in hospice, I think I'll ask them to bring me a laptop so I can fire up Excel one last time. Or maybe not.

I'm glad she has fond memories of her life.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19678 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Quite an awesome story IMO. Too bad it happens all the time but never gets reported much. If it doesn't bleed it doesn't lead. Press has become either a propaganda machine or a contest to find the most vile story even if you have to make it up.

I grew up with horses and I can completely understand her request. I may be asking for one of my Sigs depending on my condition. Took my Aunt home so she could die with her dogs and family instead of in a cold hospital.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. As gloomy as it is outside this let in a ray of welcome warm light. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I had a lump in my throat looking at the pictures.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Without words..It is my opinion that so many LE personal do so much good even outside of the public's view that we will never hear those stories. Wonderful, I can't begin to fathom the happiness felt for this woman.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Brilliant Wink

Posts: 13814 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post